When is Peter Tredgett returning?

Kopy

Wow. Having read a lot of posts regarding cruise directors I had almost come to the conclusion that my wife and I were the only people in existence who enjoyed Peter Tredgett!

According to the thread on cruise directors Peter was on Ruby the end of August. No idea where he is now or what his schedule is.

We know that Peter was on the Ruby up through Oct 2014. Does anyone know when he is returning from vacation and whether he will be back on the Ruby or on a different ship?

I was also on the Ruby in September and seem to remember him saying he was moving to another ship......The Royal perhaps. Sorry I can't recall for certain.

Yes, he was very good at his job and seemed to enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

We're on the Royal in March. Just did a quick google search and found a review from 2001 that listed Peter Tredgett as the CD and Kelvin Joy as one of his assistants. If the teacher is as good as the student has become, we will be very very pleased! :cool:

Peter Tredgett has been a CD for 14 years (or more)? Really? On Grand Princess in 2012 he struck me as an amateurish bottom-of-the-barrel fill-in; actually he had just took over that week. The entertainment schedule was a complete mess; only thing the Patter ever listed was "music by our resident musicians" for the Piazza, Wheelhouse, Crooners etc. He was all but invisible: other than introducing the officers in the Piazza on the first formal night the only other times I heard his voice was when making the most shrill and obnoxious bingo and art auction PA announcements you will ever hear outside of Royal Caribbean. And the wake show was done by deputy CD Bernie each morning, which I guess I should have been thankful for (Bernie being a lovely young lady from Chile rather than a retired accountant from Boca).

Peter Tredgett has been a CD for 14 years (or more)? Really? On Grand Princess in 2012 he struck me as an amateurish bottom-of-the-barrel fill-in; actually he had just took over that week. The entertainment schedule was a complete mess; only thing the Patter ever listed was "music by our resident musicians" for the Piazza, Wheelhouse, Crooners etc. He was all but invisible: other than introducing the officers in the Piazza on the first formal night the only other times I heard his voice was when making the most shrill and obnoxious bingo and art auction PA announcements you will ever hear outside of Royal Caribbean. And the wake show was done by deputy CD Bernie each morning, which I guess I should have been thankful for (Bernie being a lovely young lady from Chile rather than a retired accountant from Boca).

Funny how different people's opinions can be. We had Peter as CD on our first Princess cruise and we thought he was great.

P And the wake show was done by deputy CD Bernie each morning, which I guess I should have been thankful for (Bernie being a lovely young lady from Chile rather than a retired accountant from Boca).

Yay for Bernie! She was a pleasure to cruise with.

And hey, my aunt's a retired accountant from Delray. Ain't nothin' wrong with that!

Aw come on tell us how you really feel..... :eek: