Stock is Up Again Today

Charlie911

I double checked and made sure I hade recieved my OBC for our Feb cruise and than sold my shares. It will be a while before I need them for another OBC and I believe I will have the opportunity to buy them south of $40 between now and than.

I double checked and made sure I hade recieved my OBC for our Feb cruise and than sold my shares. It will be a while before I need them for another OBC and I believe I will have the opportunity to buy them south of $40 between now and than.

I thought you had to be in possession of the stock when you travel?:confused:

We bought ours at $18 & change & have received over $1600 in OBC's plus over $400 in dividends.. Wish we had purchased more shares..

Edited by serendipity1499

I double checked and made sure I hade recieved my OBC for our Feb cruise and than sold my shares.

How do you check for the credit before you board for the cruise?

Carnival Corp hedges the price of fuel oil and thus when oil drops precipitously like the last few months, it doesn't increase their profit substantially. Of course, when the price of oil goes up, it doesn't have a material effect on their operating profit either. I don't know whether the other cruise companies use this practice as well.

We bought ours at $18 & change & have received over $1600 in OBC's plus over $400 in dividends.. Wish we had purchased more shares..

Not sure how they would update that, we sent them a copy of our broker statement as of the end of November.

How do you check for the credit before you board for the cruise?

Carnival Corp hedges the price of fuel oil and thus when oil drops precipitously like the last few months, it doesn't increase their profit substantially. Of course, when the price of oil goes up, it doesn't have a material effect on their operating profit either. I don't know whether the other cruise companies use this practice as well.

I called Ship Services and they can see the OBC on our account.

A good example of the volatility in the stock market. CCL just reported a loss of $102 million on revenues of $3.72 billion in Q4. I am expecting even more cuts across the board on all its lines.

Your data seems to conflict with the earnings report I read, extracted below:

"Cruise line Carnival (NYSE:CCL) on Friday reported stratospheric earnings growth and decent sales gains in the fourth quarter, aided by higher ticket prices, new ships, lower fuel costs and a "Love Boat" reunion thrown in for good measure.

The company's EPS rose a staggering 575% to 27 cents, up from 4 cents the previous year and above analysts' consensus for 10 cents. Sales came in at $3.718 billion, up around 2% from the 2013 quarter and shy of views for $3.8 billion."

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/business/121914-731424-carnival-cruises-on-triple-digit-eps-gains.htm#ixzz3MwHXIGRs

Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

I got $1450 in OBC this year. :)

Your data seems to conflict with the earnings report I read, extracted below:

"Cruise line Carnival (NYSE:CCL) on Friday reported stratospheric earnings growth and decent sales gains in the fourth quarter, aided by higher ticket prices, new ships, lower fuel costs and a "Love Boat" reunion thrown in for good measure.

The company's EPS rose a staggering 575% to 27 cents, up from 4 cents the previous year and above analysts' consensus for 10 cents. Sales came in at $3.718 billion, up around 2% from the 2013 quarter and shy of views for $3.8 billion."

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/business/121914-731424-carnival-cruises-on-triple-digit-eps-gains.htm#ixzz3MwHXIGRs

Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Strange isn't it. CCL beat expectations, but it still had a loss: http://www.dividend.com/news/2014/carnival-corporation-posts-q4-net-loss-beats-estimates-ccl/

CCL’s Earnings in Brief

CCL posted a net loss of $102, or 13 cents per share, compared to net income of $66 million, or 8 cents per share, a year ago.

You can also click here http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2014/12/19/carnival-corp-ends-the-fiscal-year-with-loss-stays.html?ana=yahoo where it states that CCL is looking to further reduce costs across all lines.

Edited by cbr663

Strange isn't it. CCL beat expectations, but it still had a loss: http://www.dividend.com/news/2014/carnival-corporation-posts-q4-net-loss-beats-estimates-ccl/

CCL’s Earnings in Brief

CCL posted a net loss of $102, or 13 cents per share, compared to net income of $66 million, or 8 cents per share, a year ago.

You can also click here http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2014/12/19/carnival-corp-ends-the-fiscal-year-with-loss-stays.html?ana=yahoo where it states that CCL is looking to further reduce costs across all lines.

In digging deeper, I found that CCL had an operating profit of 27 cents a share but a big one time loss in derivatives which accounted for a net loss of 13 cents. Barring any ship sinkings, world wars or other catastrophes, I believe the future for CCL is very bright. I held RCCL in the past and made a nice short term profit and their outlook is also favorable. RCCL is a much more debt leveraged company, however, and would likely be more volatile in any downturn in the market. Just my 2 cents as a casual investor.