New Suite Dining Room????

cl.klink

Where will it be on M-class and S-class ships? And, what will it be like? Apologies if this has already been discussed.

- Joel

I spoke to the person who is in charge of the implementation. Told me that it will be below Blu on M Class ships and near the wine tower on S Class ships. The final layout has not been finalized, but project is on schedule. One HD who sampled the proposed menu told me that he thought it was two notches above Murano, but the items seemed a bit heavy to him. Certain that there will be some tweaking. Won't know what it will be like until we get some reports from fellow cruisers who actually experience it.

I spoke to the person who is in charge of the implementation. Told me that it will be below Blu on M Class ships and near the wine tower on S Class ships. The final layout has not been finalized, but project is on schedule. One HD who sampled the proposed menu told me that he thought it was two notches above Murano, but the items seemed a bit heavy to him. Certain that there will be some tweaking. Won't know what it will be like until we get some reports from fellow cruisers who actually experience it.

Thanks. Will be interesting to follow. Not sure I'll ever be able to afford it, but it's fun to dream.

- Joel

Thanks.

I thought, though, that there had beeb plans for a separate suites only dining room. Was that not so?

- Joel

The restaurant will only be available to those in Sky Suites or higher, or when space is available be available to guests of suite passengers at a still to be determined price. The rumor on the ships is $50 per person for dinner. Haven't heard prices for breakfast or lunch.

Edited by Orator

The restaurant will only be available to those in Sky Suites or higher, or when space is available be available to guests of suite passengers at a still to be determined price. The rumor on the ships is $50 per person for dinner. Haven't heard prices for breakfast or lunch.

Really? That makes no sense to me -- a DR you have to pay to go to, and the only ones privileged enough to have the requirement to pay are the ones already paying for a suite?

Pass. Even just on principle.

- Joel

Really? That makes no sense to me -- a DR you have to pay to go to, and the only ones privileged enough to have the requirement to pay are the ones already paying for a suite?

- Joel

The suite passenger doesn't have to pay. If the suite passenger wants to invite a guest, they can, if space is available @ $50pp

- Joel

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Suites passengers are free. A charge would only be applied to non Suite passengers who are invited to dine with a Suite guest. This has not been finalized. I specifically asked several HDs if Zeniths could dine in the Suite restaurant and was told that only if invited by a Suite guest. Seating will be very limited. I understand that there will be only 56 seats in the M Class restaurant so I can understand the restrictions. Don't like it, but I understand. They want to attract more top end passengers at at premium price and therefore need to provide them with a "special" experience.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Suites passengers are free. A charge would only be applied to non Suite passengers who are invited to dine with a Suite guest. This has not been finalized. I specifically asked several HDs if Zeniths could dine in the Suite restaurant and was told that only if invited by a Suite guest. Seating will be very limited. I understand that there will be only 56 seats in the M Class restaurant so I can understand the restrictions. Don't like it, but I understand. They want to attract more top end passengers at at premium price and therefore need to provide them with a "special" experience.

Got it. Thanks.

- Joel

The Suite FAQs [sorry have not yet worked out how to attach docs with my tablet] says $50 for dinner, $35 for brunch and $20 for breakfast.

Thanks.

I thought, though, that there had beeb plans for a separate suites only dining room. Was that not so?

- Joel

You should try the Grills on Cunard at least once. The Queens Grill was the finest dining at sea we experienced