What Scotch Whiskey's Are Offered ??

curtdesilets

Just curious: what varieties of Scotch are offered on Celebrity, and which are covered by the Premium package?

Does anyone here have a current fee schedule ??

I take it that if a Premium brand of Scotch is above some certain number, we will be charged the difference (if we are on the Premium plan). Is that right ??

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this. :)

Just curious: what varieties of Scotch are offered on Celebrity, and which are covered by the Premium package?

I take it that if a Premium brand of Scotch is above some certain number, we will be charged the difference (if we are on the Premium plan). Is that right ??

This link should help: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

I couldn't find a fee schedule.

Edited by handy4u

According to the website:

Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving.

Presumably you'd have to cover the difference - I'm not sure what the current price list is though.

There is no definitive brands list published anymore, and any list that is official from Celebrity comes with the caveat "subject to change" and may vary ship-to-ship and itinerary to itinerary. So just don't get your heart set on any particular brand and then be disappointed if it's not on your sailing.

Earlier in the year they moved some brands from Classic to Premium and changed pricing of brands as well, and it caused a stir.

This all said, if you ARE on premium package, you would only pay the difference between the package allowance and actual price if it exceeded the package allowance.

If you are on CLASSIC package, if it isn't in the package price, you pay full price, no ability to pay the difference.

I appreciate it. I think it is a no-brainer to upgrade to Premium for a mere $11.50 per day. One drink over the limit price would cover it.

And thanks for the Whiskey vs Whisky explanation from our UK chimer inner.

We were recently on a British Isles cruise and experienced both Irish WHISKEY and Scotch WHISKY. The Scotch was better.

My apologies for the confusion.

Edited by curtdesilets

• 2 years later...
Was on Eclipse there were no Lagavulin & no Highland Park. Yes you pay the difference.

Everything I'm reading currently - March 2017 - indicates that at this point you cannot just pay the difference, you have to pay the full shot for premium drinks if you have the classic package. :(

On a brighter note Celebrity's current list says they have both Lagavulin and Highland Park, albeit only on the premium list.

To name a few, they have pretty much all the Johnny Walker stuff, Macallan, Glenfiddich, Glen Livet, Highland Park, Laphroig and Lagavullin. Anything over $13 you pay the difference if you have the premium package. They have a few other schlocky drams too. You will find the better Scotch at the World Class Bar and the Ensemble Lounge. Most of the other bars will just have the popular stuff. I typically drink Macallan and they serve the Select Oak. They have one other that costs a few bucks more but I don't remember which Macallan that was.

On the Eclipse on January I saw Macallan, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Highland Park, Laphroig, Aberfeldy, among others. I tried all of them and was never charged anything extra with my premium package.

I notice that Jameson is listed. It is NOT Scotch, but Irish Whiskey! I'm almost surprised that Crown Royal (Canadian) isn't listed there!

Still, I guess it's too much to expect from a list that doesn't even know that it should be The Macallan!

Still, I guess it's too much to expect from a list that doesn't even know that it should be The Macallan!

To be fair serious scotch drinkers might be disappointed with the available selections. Those who dislike NAS whisky in particular. Anyway, I'm off to enjoy a favourite from The Dalmore! :)

My favourite whisky is Balvenie so fingers crossed they serve it onboard, I know they serve it on Royal Caribbean ships.

Was not on my last Celebrity cruise. I was surprised that it is on the basic package on RCL.

PS, Maker's Mark spells it Whisky, and it's an American bourbon.