Ultimate Dining?

rozen

We took many times the Ultimate dining package, but on our 12-14-14 sailing on Silhouette

it wasn't available at all.

I am not sure if this beeing discontinued or it just happened on this sailing?

if any body has information about it, please post

Was it not available or sold out? On our Silhouette cruise last January we purchased the pkg as soon as we boarded and was later told they only sold 12 that sailing and sold out quickly.

I believe the number they sell on a particular cruise is based on how well advance reservations of the specialty dining have sold.

We took many times the Ultimate dining package, but on our 12-14-14 sailing on Silhouette

I had it on Reflection last month. Maybe it was just on your cruise.

On our Silhouette cruise early this month they tried to steer us away from the Ultimate Dining Package toward the other packages on offer on orders from the management. They said that bookings had been good enough that they didn't need to discount this deeply.

Edited by OuiOnboard
sp

As others have said, only a limited number of Ultimate Dining packages are ever offered. The number varies by sailing based on demand for specialty dining. We had the package on our Connie TA in November 2013 but it was not available at all for the second leg of our B2B. Short cruises are less likely to offer the package because demand for specialty dining is likely to be very high. For our latest cruise, the Eclipse TA in November 2014, we were able to reserve the package prior to boarding through the Michael's Club concierge. In the past, we have purchased the package whilst checking-in at the terminal. It is, therefore, possible to be one of the first people on board and still find packages sold out.

It remains to be seen if the Ultimate Dining package continues to be offered after next April when the new suite perks kick in. Many people who currently purchase the package will then have the suite dinign room but, also, complimentary specialty dining. Whether this increases or decreases demand for specialty dining remains to be seen.

Edited by Project_gal

We had the UDP again on the Eclipse (23rd Nov. - 14 nts. sailing out of Miami). We had to go to Murano restaurant to buy the package at about 2.30pm, still $29pp/per day. We dined mostly in Murano, twice in Tuscan and once in Qsine (never to return). Murano was very busy the first formal night and most nights between 800pm and 1000pm whilst Tuscan was quite easy to make a reservation as was Qsine.

We always make the reservations and pay upfront a month or so before the cruise and then get the package when we board, never failed yet and its the forth consecutive time we have done this - hope it continues.

It remains to be seen if the Ultimate Dining package continues to be offered after next April when the new suite perks kick in.......................

This suite perk, I believe, only applies to the upper two grades of suites (10 cabins - Royal and Penthouse). I doubt whether it will have much of an influence unless they broaden the perk to the lower suite grades.

Edited by mickey89

We had the Ultimate Dining package on the Silhouette sailing from Rome on 18th October. We booked at the Speciality booking table on the pier., and made all our bookings then. We never saw it advertised nor was it in the dailies. We wouldn't have known about it except for Cruise Critic. We loved it, we are not keen on the large dining room and thoroughly enjoyed the intimate atmosphere in the speciality restaurants. We mainly went to Murano and Tuscan although did go to Qsine twice and Lawn Club once. We went to the high tea in Murano but only about a third of the tables were being used, and we had the impression that not many ultimate packages were sold. That could be because they were limited, or there was not the demand, or people were unaware of its availability. At no time were any of the speciality restaurants full when we dined - on the first night in Tuscan there were only a couple of other tables in use. We would definitely do this again if given the choice.

It remains to be seen if the Ultimate Dining package continues to be offered after next April when the new suite perks kick in.......................

This suite perk, I believe, only applies to the upper two grades of suites (10 cabins - Royal and Penthouse). I doubt whether it will have much of an influence unless they broaden the perk to the lower suite grades.

Yes, but we have often found that those eating in the specialty restaurant every evening, even before the Ultimate Dining Package was introduced, were guest in the high-end suites, including Celebrity Suites. I know that Celebrity Suite do not qualify for complimentary specialty dining but many we have met who used to book Celebrity Suites now say that they are more likely to book Royal Suites.

The new suite dining room and complimentary specialty dining for high-end suites will, I am sure, change demand for the specialty restaurants - in what way still remains to be seen. If demand changes, the packages offered are very likely to change.

Edited by Project_gal