seating in MRS on Freedom

We are taking Freedom in June to celebrate my parents 50th. My mom was told that no more than 6 people to a table in the MDR. She was trying to make reservations for all 12 of us to sit together. Has anyone had experience with seating a large party?

Be sure that everyone is linked for dining and they can make it happen.

I've seen tables for 12 in the Main Dining Room. If you are in traditional dining, try sending an email to rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before your cruise and ask for a table for 12. If you are in My Time Dining, go to the My Time desk at the entrance to the dining room on deck 5 as soon as you board and arrange your table there.

We are taking Freedom in June to celebrate my parents 50th. My mom was told that no more than 6 people to a table in the MDR. She was trying to make reservations for all 12 of us to sit together. Has anyone had experience with seating a large party?

the largest tables will easily fit 8-10 and I would not be surprised if they managed to squeeze 12 into two 6 tops placed together. everyone's reservations must be linked in order to book at the same time for the same table.

We sailed on Legend earlier this year - a large group of 20 and we had 2 tables next to one another. One table sat a larger number of us (12, I think?) and the other table sat the rest of us.

It worked out fine - each night we just mixed up who sat where.

We sailed on a Vision class many years ago and we had 12 of us - all at one table.

Easier to do in traditional dining in my opinion. Speak to RCCL DIRECTLY and/or your TA. Speak to them again 3-4 weeks before boarding and speak to the dining room manager when you board. Definitely make sure all of your bookings are linked!

On our cruise last February, they had several very large tables that were all in a section and served by the same waiters.

Good luck!

The biggest table in the MDR is a 12-top, but personally, I would recommend two tables for 6. You can change around every night and talk with others that way - change it up, make it fun!

We were seated at a table for 12 in the Freedom's MDR, but I like the 2 sixes idea better. Much easier for conversation. Although you could also change seats on the 12 top.

Just got back from NYE cruise on FOS. Our first night at dinner was at a table for 10. Then they asked if our group would mind splitting up (we were 4, 4, and 2 who were assigned to the table) to accommodate a family of 11. We were put at two tables next to each other and enjoyed the smaller table.

NOTE. Our waiter was telling about a lot of changes coming and confirmed Dynamic Dining to be added on FOS during dry dock (happening now). With the addition of restaurant style eating venues, I would be interested to find out what group sizes they will accommodate.

Just got back from NYE cruise on FOS. Our first night at dinner was at a table for 10. Then they asked if our group would mind splitting up (we were 4, 4, and 2 who were assigned to the table) to accommodate a family of 11. We were put at two tables next to each other and enjoyed the smaller table.

NOTE. Our waiter was telling about a lot of changes coming and confirmed Dynamic Dining to be added on FOS during dry dock (happening now). With the addition of restaurant style eating venues, I would be interested to find out what group sizes they will accommodate.

Was your waiters name Michael Bayley?