Is soda allowed in carry on?

chocolate melting cake

Although I've been on 34 cruises, I'm a virgin Princess (HHMMMMMM) cruiser. Carnival allows 1 bottle of wine and twelve 20 oz. soda containers to be brought onboard in carry on luggage. I checked in the Princess FAQs and could only find that 1 wine bottle may be brought on. Could anyone let me know about the policy on soda? Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Does this mean we can bring on a case in either our carry on or checked luggage?

You can; but you will probably be asked to open the case like I had to. They were SURE they had caught someone sneaking beer but were sorely disappointed to find diet soda.:D

Mike:)

We tried a little experiment to see if a case of Diet Coke would get delivered to our cabin .... and yes it made it just fine.

We taped a couple of our luggage tags to the sides of the case and gave it to the porters when we arrived at the cruise terminal. Went for lunch when we boarded and it was on our desk when we came back to the room.

It was really handy to have that case in the room for a drink on the balcony.

As mentioned above, make sure your case of soda is secure then slap a luggage tag on it and it will magically appear in your cabin. I've never taken a case but I have taken a 6 pack or so onboard as Princess doesn't have diet Mt. Dew.

I also purchased the Unlimited Soda and More package on one cruise. It was $8.05 per day and I could have all the soda, mocktails, etc. I wanted. I didn't have even a single soda but I did have a truckload of mocktails. :)

You can; but you will probably be asked to open the case like I had to. They were SURE they had caught someone sneaking beer but were sorely disappointed to find diet soda.:D

There's a funny/tragic story of someone going thru three levels of security to confirm that root beer is non alcoholic.

There's a funny/tragic story of someone going thru three levels of security to confirm that root beer is non alcoholic.

I was really having fun watching those guys in FLL, they KNEW that they had found a 12 pack of suds until it turned out to be a 12 pack of soda.

Unless they don't carry your favorite which is my case.

Same here. No caffeine free diet coke onboard so I will have to bring a 12 pack. My wife gets the $8 soda card.

it was great on the Oasis of the Seas with those freestyle machines. They had all different flavors of caffeine free soda.

Bill