Allure/Oasis central park restaurants - inside or out?

Cap'n Jack

I understand that some of the specialty restaurants on Allure and Oasis that are on central park have some limited outside seating; at least I think I read that Giovanni's does. Any opinions on which has better atmosphere at dusk or later? Does sitting outside feel like you are in a fishbowl as others walk by? Is the sound/noise/music or lighting a lot different? Is it exposed to the outside air or is it air-conditioned? I am inclined to sit inside, but I do like to enjoy the evening tropical air on a nice night if the ambiance is not otherwise a problem.

Sorry, I didn't ask that very well. I know the park is not airconditioned but I thought that perhaps the outside seating was glass enclosed and then as a result airconditioned. So I take it from your response that the seating is truly outside and not enclosed in any way? How close is the seating to people walking by -- is it like sitting at a table on a sidewalk?

Sorry' date=' I didn't ask that very well. I know the park is not airconditioned but I thought that perhaps the outside seating was glass enclosed and then as a result airconditioned. So I take it from your response that the seating is truly outside and not enclosed in any way? How close is the seating to people walking by -- is it like sitting at a table on a sidewalk?[/quote']

Correct, the outdoor seating is not glass enclosed. I suggest you take a look at the outdoor seating once you get onboard and decide if it's too close to the people walking by.

Sorry' date=' I didn't ask that very well. I know the park is not airconditioned but I thought that perhaps the outside seating was glass enclosed and then as a result airconditioned. So I take it from your response that the seating is truly outside and not enclosed in any way? How close is the seating to people walking by -- is it like sitting at a table on a sidewalk?[/quote']

Chops on Oasis has glass walls and a glass type of top, which is not water proof. Giovanni's has tables in the outside area. The seating is close to people walking by.

I am not sure if Allure is the exact same for Chops as Oasis. Giovanni's is the same on both ships.

DW and I sat in the glass enclosed outside area at Chops a few weeks ago on the Oasis. When people walked by you couldn't hear them talking. It rained a bit and some water did get in not by the rain falling but water that was on top of the glass roof would move as the ship was moving and came thru the area in between the glass panels at least where we were sitting but it was no big deal.

Once the Park Cafe closes, not sure of the time but around 4 or 5PM, Central Park quiets down considerably. Outdoor seating is very nice with the advantage of listening to the live music that is there. Usually a keyboard player. I wouldn't hesitate to have dinner outside. Weather permitting of course.

I do like to enjoy the evening tropical air on a nice night if the ambiance is not otherwise a problem.

I've eaten at Chops on Allure twice. One night it was sticky and we ate inside. The other night it was perfect and it would have made for a nice evening, but we elected to eat inside as we had been outside all day, but we were given the option. As your walking into Chops, judge for yourself and you may find it is available for you.

Edited by BillOh