Nationalities of passengers

westward

I'm from England and love to cruise with American and Canadian passengers. I find them interesting to talk to about each other's countries and everything under the sun.

How many other nationalities do you find on board Carnival ships?

I think that on each cruise you will have different groups of people so you cannot be sure of seeing any one group except the Americans.

One year we were with a group of french Canadians and I got to practice my french. One year there were many Chinese people on board.

The crew is from all over the world so it is also interesting to have conversations with them! The captains we have met are all Italian and I enjoy chatting with them as well.

We are from Canada and I love speaking to other passengers and crew about their home country! So many different stories.

You can always tell a Canadian-we are the ones with a Roots tee shirt, hockey tee shirt or a Hudson's Bay beach bag.

😄

Happy New Year! 🎉

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am from Ohio and also enjoy talking to folks from other countries. One year we met the nicest Mom and Daughter from England. They were on a back to back cruise and we loved going to tea with them! I finally learned why NCL served baked beans for breakfast for their friends from Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that on each cruise you will have different groups of people so you cannot be sure of seeing any one group except the Americans.

One year we were with a group of french Canadians and I got to practice my french. One year there were many Chinese people on board.

The crew is from all over the world so it is also interesting to have conversations with them! The captains we have met are all Italian and I enjoy chatting with them as well.

That would be because all the Carnival captains are Italian.

If you cruise out of San Juan, there will be a lot of Puerto Ricans on the ship.

Makes sense, since San Juan is the closest "drive to" port for Puertoricans, just like if you cruise out of Texas there will be a lot of Texans, and if you cruise out of California there will be a lot of Californians, and if you cruise out of Florida there will be a lot o Floridians, etc, etc.

But to answer the OP's question, Carnival caters HEAVILY to the North American market, meaning that the vast majority of fellow cruisers will hail from the USA or Canada, with a very small sprinkle of other nationalities onboard. And as mentioned above, a large percentage of your fellow cruisers will be from the region closest to your port of embarkation since Carnival pushes the "drive to" concept, specially from smaller ports of departure. One of the main indicators of the fellow passenger mix is the language in which the Fun Times is printed. While the daily activities and announcements on other cruise lines may be made in as many as 7 languages, On Carnival it's mostly in English and occasionally in Spanish (like on cruises out of South Florida and San Juan).

Your crewmembers will obviously be more international since Carnival hires from all over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I too, always enjoy talking to folks from other parts of the world. I'm a singer/musician, and always get involved with the entertainment staff. Many of the dancers are from Great Britain, and it's always interesting to talk to them. My roots are from Wales, so that makes it doubly interesting. ;)

"SKY"

Was on a Panama Cruise and there were many, many Canadians on board.

We thought the Americans were party goers, but wow the Canadians really did enjoy themselves, very entertaining cruise that was! I remember the phrase. "I'm a Canadian eh?"

Also a Brit here yet I have never done a Carnival typical cruise ie 7 days around the Caribbean.

Our Baltic cruise in 2013 was 50/50 North American/European - We also met people from Asia and a few aussies. We had 20 different European nationalities on board although the majority were British.

Our Panama Canal cruise last year was mostly US passengers with a good number of Aussies (it was heading down under) with a few Europeans on board....including Portuguese and German.

We seemed to be the youngest European passengers and got mistaken for Aussies a couple of times. :D

We are planning to sail with Carnival Aus (Sydney to Singapore) next year so that will be different as well.

The cruise before one of mine was an all-Asian cruise. The guy doing trivia said it was hard to communicate with them They came with a translator but didn't always stay with him

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)

Also a Brit here yet I have never done a Carnival typical cruise ie 7 days around the Caribbean.

Our Baltic cruise in 2013 was 50/50 North American/European - We also met people from Asia and a few aussies. We had 20 different European nationalities on board although the majority were British.

Our Panama Canal cruise last year was mostly US passengers with a good number of Aussies (it was heading down under) with a few Europeans on board....including Portuguese and German.

We seemed to be the youngest European passengers and got mistaken for Aussies a couple of times. :D

We are planning to sail with Carnival Aus (Sydney to Singapore) next year so that will be different as well.

Ha ha. On my US travels we gave been mistaken for Welsh, Aussie, Scandinavian. And German! That was in Greenville Alabama.

My son is fluent in Spanish, and has enjoyed speaking mostly with the crew in their native language. I think they are shocked to hear his perfect Spanish because he is a fair skinned, blond , and blue eyed mid west American !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am from Ohio and also enjoy talking to folks from other countries. One year we met the nicest Mom and Daughter from England. They were on a back to back cruise and we loved going to tea with them! I finally learned why NCL served baked beans for breakfast for their friends from Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am from Texas and have never had baked beans for breakfast. But now that you mention it, I have decided that I would love BB for breakfast.

Years ago I was on Cunard doing a Med cruise. Most of the passengers were European. During the muster drill, the announcement in English was the 5th language. So I spent my 1st night on board finding out what was "abandon ship" in the other 4 languages. LOL

Depends on the time of year. I love England and have been from Manchester to Windsor. I have sailed with Germans, Japanese, Brazil I and and everything in between but they tend to sail at the same time of year.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app