Do You Want Celebrity To Bring Back the A Cappella Groups?

AnchorsAweigh2011

Just got off the Eclipse. The piped in music is horrific! It is in the lounges, especially the Martini Bar, adult pool area and other public venues when live music is not available. Talk about a hammer to your head!! While I did enjoy the Accpella groups, and do not want to hijack this subject- why doesn't the ship stop that horrible piped in music.

Did you address this with anyone who could have responded to your complaint while you were on board?

Did you address this with anyone who could have responded to your complaint while you were on board?

They're not going to turn off the piped in music because one cruiser doesn't like it. That is all they play in most venues, at most times these days. I am all for resolving problems when they occur, but this is not the same situation. It's not like they can suddenly sub in a live performer. If it's too loud, ok - ask for it to be turned down and they might do it. But don't like the piped in music? They are not going to turn it off just for you

They're not going to turn off the piped in music because one cruiser doesn't like it. That is all they play in most venues, at most times these days. I am all for resolving problems when they occur, but this is not the same situation. It's not like they can suddenly sub in a live performer. If it's too loud, ok - ask for it to be turned down and they might do it. But don't like the piped in music? They are not going to turn it off just for you

I agree BUT, what if there are 200 (or more!) people who don't like it and none of them say anything because of your reasoning?

I certainly wouldn't insist or expect but I think it's important to add your voice.

Yes, but to be sure many people also complained. It will take Celebrity a while to change this to light calming listening music. It sounds like a mixture of whinning exotic bosinova chanting music

Edited by Cruise a holic

Yes, but to be sure many people also complained. It will take Celebrity a while to change this to light calming listening music. It sounds like a mixture of whinning exotic bosinova chanting music

I think I noticed something similar in Blu last year.

I said something to the dining room manager about it not being appropriate dinner music and she laughed and agreed with me.

We've since cruised on other lines and , I guess because I'm now aware of the music, have noticed that the dining rooms have something MUCH more appropriate.

We board the Equinox in 2 weeks and the Eclipse in about 4. If I notice it again I may NICELY mention to the HGM that they could possibly find something more appropriate to "modern luxury" fine dining. (Not a huge deal but I might as well......)

No thank you. We do not find A Cappella groups to our taste. I find it very discordant, especially when, part way through enjoying dinner in MDR, the group arrived and therefore not convenient for us to suddenly leave the dining table. Which was what hapenned on a Celebrity cruise sometime ago.

Would love a good jazz group, guitarist or bring back the harpist.

Some good music but not loud.

No for me. If they do, we would walk around the throng of people listening to them....

Then, on the other hand, if there were a Caribbean Steel Drum band playing on the pool deck, I could stand alone, but hopefully not though and with the sun and a light breeze blowing while enjoying a beer and thinking of a beach. :)

On a serious note, again not for me, but things I like others may not like. I do hope Celebrity tries to please everyone and that at times may mean musical acts that are not a huge wow for everyone, but that everyone can enjoy and find some enjoyment from.

Edited by shipshape sam