Do You Want Celebrity To Bring Back the A Cappella Groups?

AnchorsAweigh2011

If you had asked me 6 months ago I would have said definitely, we really like them.

But after taking a (2 week) cruise without them, we really didn't miss them. Thinking objectively, they do sort of all sound the same. So while I would like them if they were there, I honestly don't care that they are not.

NO. If they were such a big hit and attracted passengers to spend money in the lounges or if there were a lot of positive comments on the survey than I'm sure Celebrity would have kept them on. My guess is that the passengers are requesting more contemporary forms of entertainment and they received negative feedback on the surveys.

I don't miss them at all. If I wanted Celebrity to bring back certain types of musicians, a cappella groups would not be my first choice. They get rather boring after a short time.

If a touch of class and ambiance is what I wanted, I would bring back the string quartet that used to play during dinner. They were much classier than a cappella groups.

String trios and quartets.

We didn't really like the acapella groups either but LOVE the string quartets and trios.

REALLY hoping those are still on Celebrity!

I enjoy the groups, but I would rather they spend the entertainment money elsewhere. Problem is, based on my recent sailings, they just ditched the groups and did not bother trying to enhance other live music. This was one of my (few but important to me) complaints on my recent Summit cruise - a real lack of live entertainment across the ship both in number of musicians as well as available times. Even though there are now multiple options of times to dine rather than traditional MDR, the music in Rendezvous was always timed for entertainment right before the traditional MDR seatings and only canned music in-between. Other options were very lacking as well - they may have a duo at the Sunset bar. Interesting choice, as there is of course very limited seating there. Canned music has its place I suppose, but this is getting ridiculous. Celebrity was never known necessarily for its shows in the theater (sometimes very good but usually okay but nothing to write home about), but they always used to have a good selection of live music virtually all of the evening from 5:00ish on past mid-night. Those days are long gone and yes, this is one of the deteriorations in the Celebrity product that those of us who have sailed for a long time really notice and miss. Overall still a great cruise line, but cutbacks in entertainment are very noticeable. I can't honestly believe that these particular cutbacks are saving that much $$ per sailing. I know it all adds up, but still....

Edited by phoenix_dream

nope.

That's "Classic Luxury". Celebrity is "Modern Luxury".

I agree with Cle Guy on this one. I am 46, not 86.

On my recent cruise on the Summit "The Lost Boys" were fantastic. Also worthy of mention were the flamenco guitar stylings of Nestor Santurio. The guy was great. :D

Don't care for a capella in any setting, so put me down as a "No".

I do enjoy string quartets however, the one on CONSTELLATION Nov. 29th was excellent.

We missed string quartets too. I hope Celebrity will bring them back.

It was such a pleasure and a treat to hear them playing every night.

We are absolutely in favor of having the ACappella groups return. While both of us are knowledgable of and enjoy many aspects of vocal and

instrumental music we find the energy and just plain fun part of

the groups ( and by the way the attractiveness to the millenium and younger generation) reasons why their return would be welcome by many.

I know when we took our children ( late teens early 20's) on a Celebrity

Cruise with the ACapella group they both enjoyed and met and made

friends with a number of like aged and minded young adults.

Both children have continued as Celebrity Cruise customers and I believe this was one of the experiences they still comment on during our cruise.

Hal and Bernice