Is Angela Kristensen a new cruise director

Kopy

We have just been informed that Angela Kristensen is the new Cruise Director for the Ruby Princess Jan 10 sailing. Has anyone ever had her as a CD or an assistant Cruise Director? Please let us know what you thought of her, I hope she lets us have some good bands because we mainly take cruises for the dance venues. Thanks for any information

We have just been informed that Angela Kristensen is the new Cruise Director for the Ruby Princess Jan 10 sailing. Has anyone ever had her as a CD or an assistant Cruise Director? Please let us know what you thought of her, I hope she lets us have some good bands because we mainly take cruises for the dance venues. Thanks for any information

Have never heard the name

Pretty sure she was the Deputy Cruise Director when Calvin Joy was the cruise director on the Diamond in November 2013. Both were fabulous. About time they moved up some of the Deputy Cruise Directors and get rid of the stale ones who need an extended break.

Edited by icat2000

Angela (don't know her last name) was deputy CD on our Ruby cruise December 06-20 so it is likely the same Angela. She was lots of fun, we enjoyed her "Wine Time" segments on the Wake Show.

Terry

I was on Ruby two weeks earlier. So if this the same Angela who was the deputy cruise director, rest assured she is much more energetic and personable than cruise director JJ was and will ever be.

About time they moved up some of the Deputy Cruise Directors and get rid of the stale ones who need an extended break.

Unfortunately Princess (and many other lines) are in the habit of hiring "personalities" direct from the entertainment industry to be CDs rather that promoting from within. So not having paid their dues in the hospitality industry they have no clue what the actual responsibilities of the job are beyond telling jokes on the Wake Show and introducing the evening shows. Thus the attitude of many of them: "Being a Cruise Director is great, except for all the pesky passengers"

Hi fishywood

Can not agree with your statement almost all the CDs l know started as part of entertainment team then assistant CD before becoming CD

If you think about Sam on the Royal she used to work in the onboard shops.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
How long are the CDs typically on the ship at a time? We're on the Ruby at the end of June and I'm curious if it's likely she'll be around that long.

From the Cruise Director List thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45215616&postcount=1092

Looks like she was a two-week fill-in. Would have been very surprised if a rookie CD handled the Circle South America sailing leaving Jan 31.

As for June, no real way to know. Is very, very rare that a CD works more than three to four months straight without a break. And very few are guaranteed to return to the same ship after their vacation.

Angela Kristensen was our deputy CD on the Ruby in 2013. She was fabulous! Very personable, funny and energetic. I would be thrilled to find out she was going to be my CD on an upcoming trip.

• Like 1

We are just off the Ruby and had Angela ( From Great Britain ) move up from Assistant CD to CD on our second week when JJ left for the Sapphire. We thought she and her partner David were wonderful. Finally an entertaining Wakeshow to start the morning! Very energetic and approchable. They left on holiday after the cruise and hope to be back on the Emerald in the spring. Billy Hygate was to join the Ruby for her SA trip.

We really hope Angela gets promoted permanently and that we to see her again.

Cheers

Louden

• Like 1

Angela was a deputy CD when we were on the Ruby in October. She did a fantastic job. Very friendly, approachable, energetic, lots of fun. She will do a marvelous job as a CD. Her fiance, Dave, usually is on the cruise staff with her. They make a great pair.

I was on Ruby two weeks earlier. So if this the same Angela who was the deputy cruise director, rest assured she is much more energetic and personable than cruise director JJ was and will ever be.

A cabbage would be more energetic and personable than JJ. What a total dud of a CD...

Edited by Thrak

• 9 months later...

We were on the Diamond in March 2014 to Singapore where it then went into dry dock. Angela was fantastic. She organised the Pop Choir and was brilliant and knew the name of each of the 60-70 members. Her partner Dave was great too. So pleased to see she made CD. Would love to find her and Dave on a future cruise.

Angela was a deputy CD when we were on the Ruby in October. She did a fantastic job. Very friendly, approachable, energetic, lots of fun. She will do a marvelous job as a CD. Her fiance, Dave, usually is on the cruise staff with her. They make a great pair.

Agreed! We were on the Emerald T/A with Angela and Dave in the spring and they are a terrific team!

• Like 1

Agreed! We were on the Emerald T/A with Angela and Dave in the spring and they are a terrific team!

We were on board that TA on the Emerald, too, and Angela was a lot of fun. Her fiance, Dave Clark, was one of the most, if not THE most, entertaining CD staff member we have ever had.

It may just be a temporary promotion. I know that a few years ago, Colin Banyard took over for Sam Hawker-Thomas as CD on the Ruby for several cruises, including its spring TA. he then went back to his Deputy CD position.

Same thing happened on the Caribbean Princess last Dec. when Deputy CD Kelly took over for the CD Paul for a few cruises.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

• 1 year later...

Ok the last post on this thread

was in November 2015.

It sounds like Angela Kristensen has

been a CD for a year or just over a year?

We are sailing on the Ruby over Christmas

were it appears that Angela Kristensen is going to be our CD.

Can anyone give us any updated info on Angela such as

how she is as a CD. Thanks in advance.

I am not certain if the person named Angela in the original posting is the same Angela who was assistant CD to Martyn Moss on our recent Regal Princess cruise in late October 2016.

The Angela who was on our cruise had a great personality and was a lot of fun.

She was British and had a fiance named Dave.

I do hope that she becomes a CD. I have heard that Martyn Moss will be leaving the Regal for a vacation (he became engaged on the cruise we were on). Perhaps this will give the Angela we know an opportunity to be promoted to CD - perhaps of the Regal? .

I am not certain if the person named Angela in the original posting is the same Angela who was assistant CD to Martyn Moss on our recent Regal Princess cruise in late October 2016.

The Angela who was on our cruise had a great personality and was a lot of fun.

She was British and had a fiance named Dave.

I do hope that she becomes a CD. I have heard that Martyn Moss will be leaving the Regal for a vacation (he became engaged on the cruise we were on). Perhaps this will give the Angela we know an opportunity to be promoted to CD - perhaps of the Regal? .

Not sure if this the same person either? However the OP did say Angela Kristensen which is the same name on the email I just got today from Princess cruises at the bottom it was signed.

Sincerely,

Angela Kristensen

Cruise Director