Barcelona Hotel info

Mudhen

I'm well aware that there are MANY nice hotels in Barcelona but we're looking for something specific. One that is within walking distance of the Segrada Familia (sp? Gaudi's church) and will take a triple. There will be 3 of us. There are tons that do a double, but a triple is somewhat of a challenge. Would really like a "hotel" as opposed to an apt or a pension since we'll need a reliable transport to the ship. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Linda

Try the Hotel Europark. I'm not sure about triples, but you can ask. It's definitely walking distance from La Sagrada Familia, about a 20 minute stroll as I recall. Nice hotel, good breakfast, great location, good price.

As for "reliable transport to the ship", what does staying in a Pensione or apartment have to do with that? Cabs are easily called, and inexpensive.

Try the Hotel Europark. I'm not sure about triples, but you can ask. It's definitely walking distance from La Sagrada Familia, about a 20 minute stroll as I recall. Nice hotel, good breakfast, great location, good price.

As for "reliable transport to the ship", what does staying in a Pensione or apartment have to do with that? Cabs are easily called, and inexpensive.

Famous last words about inexpensive and easy.......sounds great but sometimes the actual execution leaves a lot to be desired. Have encountered less than satisfactory results with pensiones, etc. "oh we called them an hour ago.....can't imagine what happened to them." or " it's going to be about $$, upon checking with the actual cab it's $$$$. We're also dealing with 3 people and luggage for 3......delt with a weenie cab in Madrid with luggage strapped to roof with a clothes line. Don't want to do any of the above again. I realize that this COULD happen again, but I'd like some recourse if I'm not happy.

Have you posted your druthers on Trip Advisor, Barcelona Forum? Sometimes helps. Or maybe the ports section of CC.

But I know where you're coming from: I can appreciate your wishing for recommendations from fellow Regent people.

I would hardly say the RC Arts is within walking distance of Sagrada Familia. Unles one wants a very long walk.

But, it had a Hop-on-Hop-off bus stop right out front. It is a great way to see the city, including a stop at La Sagrada Familia.

Enjoy your time in Barcelona - one of our favourite cities!

We used Zip transfers Barcelona a few years ago. Booked and paid online before we left. They were excellent, they list their prices based on amount of people. I think it cost about $36 Canadian for transfer from airport to hotel on Pasage de Grazia. Very pleased with the service.

Mudhen, we are on the same cruise, and my travel agent has recommended hotel 1898. Don't know the position within Barcelona but he has said ins convenient and interesting, what ever that may mean.

If you are looking for a place to stay in the Ramblas area, then Hotel 1898 will work out perfectly for you. It is next to the SOFITEL and about five minute walk north of the Merkat. I've had more than a few drinks at the bar with friends who stayed there and they absolutely loved their room and huge balcony. I believe the building used to be an old tobacco warehouse if I recall correctly. Have a great time!

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

Mudhen, we are on the same cruise, and my travel agent has recommended hotel 1898. Don't know the position within Barcelona but he has said ins convenient and interesting, what ever that may mean.

If your interest is to see all the tourists in Barccelona this is the place to be.

We would never choose to be near or on the Ramblas which only deserves one short visit. Barcelona is very sackable so choose a good hotel several blocks away from the Ramblas at least.

I thank everyone for their responses. I truely appreciate your suggestions, but what we're really looking for is something relatively near the Segrada Familia. I don't believe the ramblas area is anywhere near the SF. The Hotel Constanza is winning so far. We'll also need a triple which isn't so easy to come up with. I'll continue to work on this......