2015 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

jaja

Ohhh, I LOVE Tony Winkler. I'm hoping he'll be there for my June sailing!!

Harriet

Never sailed with him...if he is with us...please introduce me to him ...;)

Ohhh, I LOVE Tony Winkler. I'm hoping he'll be there for my June sailing!!

Harriet

Tony Winkler was less than stellar on our 10 day Gem in March. I already miss Jenny very much.

Edited by mommyto2girls

Tony Winkler was less than stellar on our 10 day Gem in March. I already miss Jenny very much.

I never met Jenny as this will be my first cruise on the Gem. Tony was HD for my 28 day Panama Canal cruise on the Star. I loved him on that cruise!

But am curious as to why you say that?

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I never met Jenny as this will be my first cruise on the Gem. Tony was HD for my 28 day Panama Canal cruise on the Star. I loved him on that cruise!

But am curious as to why you say that?

Harriet

He was no where to be found in 10 days we caught a glimpse of him at the the M&G about 3 minutes and gave him a hello message from someone on these boards..…we did want to speak with him about something and you would think he would have responded especially since we were in the Garden Villa.

Jenny is so hands on and so pleasant very much loved by the crew. She will be missed. I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise.

I am just off the Norwegian Spirit (mar 26th - apr 5th 2015) and here is my update:

Captain: Roger Gustavsen

Staff Captain: Ingvar Bjork

Chief Engineer: Pedrag Pjevcevic

Hotel Director: Armando Da Silva

Cruise Director: Jill Helen Tasker

Guest Service Manager: Jose Luis Piedra

Food & Beverage Director: Vitor Nunes

Restaurant Manager: Martin Dominic Cliff

Beverage Manager: Basilio Jr Valdez

Executive Chef: Matthew Cole

Executive Housekeeper: Clyde Harbin

Cruise Consultant: Luis Fernando Colado Ibarreche

Concierge: Omar O'Besso

Cruise Staff: Fernando Medina | Hector Zepeda | Anastasia Koltsova | Christiano Couto

Recreation Staff: Janis Jermolajevs | Brendon Remy

DJ: Jeph

Thanks much for sharing your experience....truly appreciated [emoji4]

We had Hanno on the Star last November and he was "ok" for the most part but we also had dinner reservation issues with him. This was especially true as we had reservations for Le Bistro for our entire group/family for our last night but when we arrived, Hanno told us that they could NOT honor the reservation as the parties before us had arrived LATE and were not giving up their tables.

Hanno had no other options for us other than the main dining room.....and could not even get a table for all of us to sit together there.....this left a bitter taste as we were very disappointed in not being able to spend our last dinner onboard together. I wondered if he might have at least been willing to "ask" the group that had arrived LATE in Le Bistro if they may have been willing to enjoy an after dinner drink elsewhere to allow us to enjoy OUR reservation...as we were on time!

Especially hard to take some of Hanno's not really being supportive as our family had BOTH Garden Villas on this cruise.....so to not be even able to have our reservations honored was a disappointment.....

Again, he was "ok" but did nothing out of the ordinary and fell short on more than one occasion regarding reservations, etc......

Still had a great trip of course! Always do!

NCL STAR

I know there will be changes from previous posts, especially since the March Dry Dock.

I think Hugo Vanosmael will be HD he's wonderful and our first NCL HD! YES, Hugo Vanosmael!

Would like to know:

Captain*****Favalios!

Food & Beverage Mgr.***** (Our favorite Vikramraj, I understand just left):( It was Vikram!

Executive Chef****** Maybe Barrington Burke? (Would like that) No, it was Orwill Saldanha

Executive Housekeeper****** Maybe Cesar Hapa? (That would be great) No, it was Junior Daniel Athanase

Concierge******* Roel

Guest Service I believe is Ray Espina Yes, Ray Espina

Restaurant Mgr***** (Might still be Adine Barret?)OR? No, it was Gary Bryan

Beverage Manager*****(Hope it's still Aldo Candare, would miss him if not):cool: No, it was Hector Canon Tovar

Guest Service Coordinator****(Is it Ron Roca or Ligaya Dagasdas?) OR?

Yes, it was Ligaya Dagasdas!

THANKS FOR ANY UPDATES!

In addition to Above Staff & Officers (3-29-15 Sailing of NCL Star)

IS Cruise Director Ben Kitchen!

Bill & Ruth (crusingalong)

In addition to Above Staff & Officers (3-29-15 Sailing of NCL Star)

IS Cruise Director Ben Kitchen!

Bill & Ruth (crusingalong)

Thanks for the Star updates. I'm thrilled to hear Captain Kostas will likely be on board for our May sailing. Is Ben Kitchen a good Cruise Director? We haven't sailed with him before. Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

We had Hanno on the Star last November and he was "ok" for the most part but we also had dinner reservation issues with him. This was especially true as we had reservations for Le Bistro for our entire group/family for our last night but when we arrived, Hanno told us that they could NOT honor the reservation as the parties before us had arrived LATE and were not giving up their tables.

Hanno had no other options for us other than the main dining room.....and could not even get a table for all of us to sit together there.....this left a bitter taste as we were very disappointed in not being able to spend our last dinner onboard together. I wondered if he might have at least been willing to "ask" the group that had arrived LATE in Le Bistro if they may have been willing to enjoy an after dinner drink elsewhere to allow us to enjoy OUR reservation...as we were on time!

Especially hard to take some of Hanno's not really being supportive as our family had BOTH Garden Villas on this cruise.....so to not be even able to have our reservations honored was a disappointment.....

Again, he was "ok" but did nothing out of the ordinary and fell short on more than one occasion regarding reservations, etc......

Still had a great trip of course! Always do!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience too. I would have thought there was a late policy and reservations for a late party would be cancelled.

Given my experience and yours, I would be very cautious about using Hanno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear about your experience too. I would have thought there was a late policy and reservations for a late party would be cancelled.

Given my experience and yours, I would be very cautious about using Hanno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the heads up. We are not 100% sure he will still be on the Jewel when we board May 7th but if he is, it will be nice to be aware. It is just 2 of us and we don't normally care when we eat so I don't think that will be a problem. We do plan to make reservations with Hanno (if he is still on board) during embarkation for Teppenyaki for lunch both sea days so we will verify with Teppenyaki directly after we board just to avoid any issues. :)

Edited by kdzkatz

NORWEGIAN STAR

Thanks for the Star updates. I'm thrilled to hear Captain Kostas will likely be on board for our May sailing. Is Ben Kitchen a good Cruise Director? We haven't sailed with him before. Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Yes, Ben Kitchen gets my thumbs up! he is always Happy, Energetic, just a ball of enthusiasm! You'll see him Everywhere and you can't miss his Australian accent!

Ruth(crusingalong)

I had to wait to get the confirmed key officers for our 4-19-15 Repositioning Cruise...not a full list, by any means, but still a good-to-know list.

Captain - Martin Holmqvist

Hotel Director - Alain Magnier

Cruise Director - David "Dingo Dave" Klooster

F & B Director - TBC

Executive Chef - Paulo Vaz

Executive Housekeeper - Carmencita Reid

Group Service Coordinator - Anne Barbazza

I have heard very good things about our HD, CD and GSC. And with our Roll Call fast approaching 200 :eek: I was heartened to hear that Alain is apparently 'big' on CC, welcoming the M&G activities and actually reads NCL, (and maybe RC?) board(s) :D

Edited by kcfoxy

... updates for the breakaway

Si, valid as of March 23, 2015

Captain: Hakan Svedung

Staff Captain:

Hotel Director: Djamel Benatmane ** formely F&B Dir. (was Prem Kainnikara)

Asst. HD: Tom Aberg

Executive Housekeeper: Elmoth Neverson

Executive Chef: Charles Fernandes

F&B Director: Shailendra Sawant

Beverage Manager: Dindo Ramos

Guest Services Manager: Nomita Rambhunjan

Cruise Director: JC Sanchez

Concierge: John D'Souza

Latitude Cruise Consultant: Martin Visser

Latitude Platinum Guests Concierge Helpline: X 216212 (onboard only)

Will Virginia still be the concierge on the Dawn for 4/19 cruise?

Curious of this as well....I had heard Karibi would be the concierge. Have had both as concierge on Dawn cruises. 12 days and counting.....

Curious of this as well....I had heard Karibi would be the concierge. Have had both as concierge on Dawn cruises. 12 days and counting.....

So....you will be on our 4/19 Repo? Have you stopped by the Roll Call yet? :p

With Jenny leaving the NCL(I am so sad) ...I am really interested if anyone has the "scuttlebutt" on any new line up for the GEM. :confused:

I am sailing in June....

I had to wait to get the confirmed key officers for our 4-19-15 Repositioning Cruise...not a full list, by any means, but still a good-to-know list.

Captain - Martin Holmqvist

Hotel Director - Alain Magnier

Cruise Director - David "Dingo Dave" Klooster

F & B Director - TBC

Executive Chef - Paulo Vaz

Executive Housekeeper - Carmencita Reid

Group Service Coordinator - Anne Barbazza

I have heard very good things about our HD, CD and GSC. And with our Roll Call fast approaching 200 :eek: I was heartened to hear that Alain is apparently 'big' on CC, welcoming the M&G activities and actually reads NCL, (and maybe RC?) board(s) :D

Hi,

We were on the Dawn last Oct/Nov for 21 days.

Alain is an amazing HD.

He loves being with passengers and he does like going to the CC meetings.

I think he does read these & I want to send a BIG hello to him.

He can be seen around the ship much of the time.

Also, he knows each crew member by name and he knows about many of their families.

Paulo, Exec Chef is also very, very nice.

I had a problem in a Specialty restaurant & he “fixed” it much better than I ever would have imagined.

Anne Barbazza (Group Service Coordinator) is one of the best ever also.

She will help set up the CC meeting.

We love her & hope you do too.

CD - Dave -well, he is OK.

Judy

With Jenny leaving the NCL(I am so sad) ...I am really interested if anyone has the "scuttlebutt" on any new line up for the GEM. :confused:

I am sailing in June....

I can't believe that with everyone that's come off the Gem in the last week or two that someone hasn't posted.

Harriet