2015 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

jaja

We're on the Jewel in 9 days. Hope Hanno is a better concierge than Florentina - who hasn't exactly earned any praises in the last few reviews.

Mary,

I am shocked. Florentine is one of our favorites.

She was always there for us.

She was gracious and warm and......just perfect.

David is still my favorite, but Florentina is right up there.

I haven't seen the negatives and I guess I don't really want to see them.

If Iris is the Group co ordinator, give her a big hug for me & tell her to give a hug to Eric for me. She is amazing.

Also, Chariz , who is now in Guest Services, and her sister Christine, and butler Jennifer. I was not crazy about HD.

(I won't list his name...no negatives from me. : - ) .....)

I know there are more folks on the Jewel that we love, but I can't remember at the moment.

Have fun.

Judy

Mary,

If Iris is the Group co ordinator, give her a big hug for me & tell her to give a hug to Eric for me. She is amazing.

Also, Chariz , who is now in Guest Services, and her sister Christine, and butler Jennifer. I was not crazy about HD.

I know there are more folks on the Jewel that we love, but I can't remember at the moment.

Have fun.

Judy

Judy

Chariz is HD secretary again on Jewel

HD is Steven Jacobsen

Mary,

Have fun.

Judy

I have no firsthand knowledge of Florentine, but the reviews of late have not been complementary. No suite for us this time, but I'll check on the staff/crew for a current listing.

Jennifer will be back from her vacation, but alas, Pablo goes home the day we embark. They are so cute together!

We're on the Jewel in 9 days. Hope Hanno is a better concierge than Florentina - who hasn't exactly earned any praises in the last few reviews.

Do not worry this is not the first time I have seen negatives about individuals form Oceandreaming2. I commented on how good we had found a particular F&B director and got a negative response some time ago. For one I am pleased to say there are people including a former HD that we met that we thought was poor but that was our view and did not publicise it. They may have had a bad week or other worries - We are all human but to make a comment about another who you have never met (Florentina) based on other peoples opinion is simply wrong!:mad:

Do not worry this is not the first time I have seen negatives about individuals form Oceandreaming2. I commented on how good we had found a particular F&B director and got a negative response some time ago. For one I am pleased to say there are people including a former HD that we met that we thought was poor but that was our view and did not publicise it. They may have had a bad week or other worries - We are all human but to make a comment about another who you have never met (Florentina) based on other peoples opinion is simply wrong!:mad:

You are sooooo right.

Many times people make value judgements based upon a short periods of interaction with a particular individual.

That can lead to a true or false conclusion but at least it's based upon personal contact.

I don't know how you can form a conclusion without having some prior personal interaction with the person.

Edited by Uniall

Stupid question but where do you guys find this information about who will be on what ships and when? :confused: :)

Some of it is by talking to officers and crew while on board a ship. The other is usually when people stay in communication with officers and crew when they aren't on a cruise.

Any updates as to who will be on board the Breakaway mid November this year?

Hi Virginia. Remember me? My husband Tony was the person at the Chef's Table who refused to eat the asparagus soup! Ha. I can let you know who's onboard the Breakaway soon, my daughter is cruising on her not this Sunday but next.

I see your on the Breakaway in November! Maybe well sail with you again. Were booked Thanksgiving week. I also see you did the Quantum of the Seas in April. We were on her the last cruise in April before she left for China.

Good to see your name again and hope maybe were on the same sailing in November.

Seadog posted current officers (post#240). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251294&page=12

As for HD in this post, Prem started vacation last weekend but I don't know who replacement is.

Hasan (F & B) will be signing off on 9/27. Again, don't know who's taking over.

Hope they have great vacations!

Is this the same Florentina who was on the Gem a few years ago and left the company. Has she come back? If it's the same person, we thought she was delightful and very eager to handle things for us.

Is this the same Florentina who was on the Gem a few years ago and left the company. Has she come back? If it's the same person, we thought she was delightful and very eager to handle things for us.

Same Florentina. I know she took time off to stay home with her twin daughters, who should be 7 or 8 by now I think.

Edited by GORDONCHICK