They are offering deals

Greencay

Receiving several offers from Oceania. First we were offered to extend our 2/13 Riviera to a 20 day cruise. Then they asked if we would change to a date in March, for a discount. The latest was to downgrade from a Penthouse Suite to a Concierge balcony, for $2000.00 reduction.

I checked the availability and noted that the suites are wait listed. The Verandahs are not. I have only done Penthouse Suites on Oceania. I have seen Verandah and Concierge cabins and would not do that.

Business must be good.

Receiving several offers from Oceania. First we were offered to extend our 2/13 Riviera to a 20 day cruise. Then they asked if we would change to a date in March, for a discount. The latest was to downgrade from a Penthouse Suite to a Concierge balcony, for $2000.00 reduction.

I checked the availability and noted that the suites are wait listed. The Verandahs are not. I have only done Penthouse Suites on Oceania. I have seen Verandah and Concierge cabins and would not do that.

Business must be good.

Same offer to me. We did not take....

Business must be good.

If my math is correct, the difference between a Penthouse and a Concierge - even considering dropping from a P3 to an A1, the listed price difference is $800 pp. So for two that really means you were offered a whopping $400 to switch. That's insulting!:eek:

We had a 20 day cruise in September where O started to offer about the same thing for swapping down from a P-1 to an A-1. We at first refused but DW and I did some calculating and set an amount that we would accept. The final offer finally came in and it actually exceeded our goal so we grabbed it. The final offer was for $10,499 difference! THAT was worth it! Found out in a day or two that another couple and received the same offer and also took it. The cruise had been over booked in the P category.

It does pay to figure out what you are willing to accept and then wait.

O recently offered us a very good deal on extending our Sid-Auk cruise with the Auk-PAP leg. Had they offered it earlier we would have done the deal, but it's now to late for my wife to change some of her other business plans.

I have had the same thing happen to me. AFTER i have booked return flights, made plans, etc the offer comes....and as much as I wish I could say yes, so far it hasn't worked out

gary

We recently received an enticing offer to add the Papeete-Lima cruise to our current Lima-NYC cruise, but as you say -- airfare already booked, not to mention a pre-cruise visit to Machu Picchu.

But when Oceania tempted us off an Alaska cruise on Regatta in the summer of 2011 to go to a Med cruise on Marina in October of that year, even though we'd already booked airfare it worked out. In our case we did pay a penalty to change our air reservations from Vancouver to LA, but it wasn't very painful ... and we had such a good deal on changing cruises that it was worth it.

I don't expect those gods will coincide again, however.

Mura

We recently received an enticing offer to add the Papeete-Lima cruise to our current Lima-NYC cruise, but as you say -- airfare already booked, not to mention a pre-cruise visit to Machu Picchu.

But when Oceania tempted us off an Alaska cruise on Regatta in the summer of 2011 to go to a Med cruise on Marina in October of that year, even though we'd already booked airfare it worked out. In our case we did pay a penalty to change our air reservations from Vancouver to LA, but it wasn't very painful ... and we had such a good deal on changing cruises that it was worth it.

I don't expect those gods will coincide again, however.

Mura

We too accepted an offer to come off Alaska cruise. It was an offer we could not refuse to South America in a PH for 7 extra days for same price. For the life of me I cant remember what happened with airfare etc. I tend to think I had not yet booked air. That's the problem when they offer a good deal, many of us are already booked with air, tours etc. And tours were another thing. We booked so late that there wasn't many places left on tours and we missed out on quite a bit. Still I was glad we did it. However if I never see Rio again, wont be too soon

The Feb cruise to AUS/NZ is way oversold. Our TA has been sending us incredible options - upgrade from B3 to PH2, etc to move to the NZ to Papeete cruise.. Add quite a few days, subtract a little from the total, etc. A little to late for us as we have all our air / hotel / trips etc planed so I don't think canceling all of those and reworking the trip would be much fun but know that the Australia / NZ cruise is very popular for those looking into 2016. Surprised they don't do a few runs of this trip.

the Australia / NZ cruise is very popular for those looking into 2016. Surprised they don't do a few runs of this trip.

Sure that segment is popular but then all of the passengers fly home and Oceania is left with a fully staffed ship and very little interest in the Australia to Polynesia leg.

It's not through the goodness of their hearts that they are trying to entice you into switching or adding on with money saving offers...

Follow the money, young man-

I agree with CorpKid on this. A couple of years ago O did run Aukland -

Sidney and then Sidney-Auckland and both cruises sold out quickly. Then!, they dropped down to one trip, which gets slammed quickly. We booked the first day the cruise became available, so we're set. Had 2 sets of friends wanting to join us about 60 days later, and it was sold out. We're talking about a cruise I booked in 9/13 for a 2/15 cruise, for which they tried to get on in 11/13 and couldn't do it? :eek: Oceania thinks it need only run this route once? :confused: Even check out Regent for the same route, it sells out really quick. Once has to wonder if there are issues getting docking space or berths or what is the deal?