help! ...no cabin assignment yet 3 days to go.

dustanltye

By pure luck and a good Christmas present my wife and I book a 7 day cruise on the carnival dream and have done last min several times and let carnival pick the cabin. This time I looked at choosing it my self and was only showing 1 cabin available so I backed up and let carnival choose for me at a great discount. Now its Thursday and no cabin and we leave Sunday. Any one every had this experience before? What to do about luggage tags? Thanks so much for any and all help.

By pure luck and a good Christmas present my wife and I book a 7 day cruise on the carnival dream and have done last min several times and let carnival pick the cabin. This time I looked at choosing it my self and was only showing 1 cabin available so I backed up and let carnival choose for me at a great discount. Now its Thursday and no cabin and we leave Sunday. Any one every had this experience before? What to do about luggage tags? Thanks so much for any and all help.

They can be assigned right up to the day of. As for luggage tags, the porters have tags for you and they will right your cabin number in. However, if you are concerned call Carnival.

We got our guarantee cabin assignment 2 days before the sailing. We did try calling Carnival, but they couldn't tell us anything. I just kept checking our docs and it appeared late in the day two days before sailing.

Carnival did tell me though when I called them, that the cabin could be assigned right up until the day of sailing, so as someone else posted, the porters have a manifest with the names and cabin numbers, so they will give you luggage tags.

Just print out your boarding docs to make it easier to get on the ship, even though it may say TBA. Good luck and enjoy!

You will be fine. Carnival upsell fairy trying to find you a cabin.

If not you get upgraded.

I have gotten cabin assignment at platinum checkin

BTW was upgraded to balcony from interior

Edited by jonbgd

With NO stateroom assignment I would print out your boarding pass and luggage tags. The luggage tags show what ship your cursing on if you have checked luggage and something happens to your luggage. Even with no stateroom assignment you will still have documents. Please keep us posted as to what happens.

Tom:)

31 days to our cruise the TBA was removed and replaced with a balcony room mid ship one level below the Lido deck. Could not be happier with that cabin.

I had emailed and got the same response that they could wait until you board. I told them I had the FTTF and they said OK, that did not make any difference.