Specialty dining

cherrypop

If I purchase the 3 specialty dining package on the Solstice, do I pick the restaurants I would like to go to? It says the first night will be picked for me, but I really want to go to Murano's as it is our Anniversary and happens to be the day we embark. If I wanted could I go to Murano's three times with this package?

Your first night's restaurant usually gets assigned. If it is not Murano, I think you may be able to change it once you are on board. Otherwise, you do have to go to 2 other restaurants after that - not 3 times at one restaurant. Happy Anniversary cruise - have fun.

The restaurants are chosen for you, though not the nights. We booked onboard the Equinox where the 3 dinner package is 1 night in Murano, 1 in Tuscan, and 1 in Silk Harvest. We chose our nights and times based on availability and got pretty much what we wanted.

That's not to say you couldn't negotiate for a different restaurant--we knew someone who was allowed to pay a bit more to replace Silk Harvest with a second night in Murano.

The 3-dinner package includes one dinner at Murano, Tuscan, and Silk Harvest.

I would bet you could get Murano the first night. Just checkin with dining once you board.

Here is a link to the dining package flyer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

The 3-dinner package includes one dinner at Murano, Tuscan, and Silk Harvest.

I would bet you could get Murano the first night. Just checkin with dining once you board.

Here is a link to the dining package flyer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

Thanks for the flyer. (In case anyone planning on Constellation is reading it, note there is an error - no Qsine on Constellation.)

Can you buy the package once on board, at the same prices as the website? [We have a lot of OBC, so I'm looking to postpone purchases until on board.]

You should be able to book this on board and use your OBC.

As for prices, the flyer seems to have the same prices that are posted on the website. A recent cruiser on Infinity posted the flyer they received in their cabin for the Specialty Dining Packages and they were $10.00 more.

The website says the 3-Dinner package on Infinity is $109.00, the on board flyer says $119.00. Same goes for the 5-Dinner package on Infinity for $149.00, on board flyer says $159.00.

So you may pay more by purchasing on-board.

You should be able to book this on board and use your OBC.

As for prices, the flyer seems to have the same prices that are posted on the website. A recent cruiser on Infinity posted the flyer they received in their cabin for the Specialty Dining Packages and they were $10.00 more.

The website says the 3-Dinner package on Infinity is $109.00, the on board flyer says $119.00. Same goes for the 5-Dinner package on Infinity for $149.00, on board flyer says $159.00.

So you may pay more by purchasing on-board.

We waited to book till we got on board and it was $10 higher. We booked our choices of times at that time.

Generally speaking, you will be offered a 20% (or so) discount when you board if you would like to eat at a specialty restaurant the first night. If you are in aqua, it's generally a 50% off the first night.

As the cruise continues, depending on the bookings, you may find that you are offered similar discounts by the specialty restaurants...and yes, that includes 50% for aqua guests as well....but there is no guarantee that this will happen on your cruise, or with the restaurant you want to dine at.

We don't book any of the specialty restaurants or buy any packages in advance...preferring to just take our chances on board. We have never had a cruise where we couldn't dine in the restaurant of our choice at a discount.

Note: We have been known to make them an offer...eg. $30 pp for murano...and they can either accept it, reject it or make a counter offer. If you don't ask, you'll never know :)

If you're flexible, then take your chances and wait until you get on board.