Freedom - Ice skating with toddlers

From Royals website,

Q:* Is there a charge for skates or ice skating onboard? What size skates are there?

A:* Skates and skating are complimentary on the ships with ice rinks, which are the Oasis-class, Freedom-class and Voyager-class*ships. All skates are unisex. Long pants and socks are required to participate. We offer figure and hockey style skates in adult sizes only. Skates are very similar to regular rental boots rented at most ice rinks.

We carry the following sizes:

Children size: 2 - 7

Adult size: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, 12.5, 13

From Royals website,

Q:* Is there a charge for skates or ice skating onboard? What size skates are there?

A:* Skates and skating are complimentary on the ships with ice rinks, which are the Oasis-class, Freedom-class and Voyager-class*ships. All skates are unisex. Long pants and socks are required to participate. We offer figure and hockey style skates in adult sizes only. Skates are very similar to regular rental boots rented at most ice rinks.

We carry the following sizes:

Children size: 2 - 7

Adult size: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, 12.5, 13

Children sizes 2-7 are for children ages 10-14.

Sizes 4-8 are for toddlers 18months to 3 years so it doesn't look like they have skates for a 3 year old.

Children sizes 2-7 are for children ages 10-14.

Sizes 4-8 are for toddlers 18months to 3 years so it doesn't look like they have skates for a 3 year old.

I am pretty sure they do. My grandkids are 6, 8, 10 and they all got skates without any problem, so saying that they have childrens' sizes 10-14 and 18 months to 3 years doesn't make sense. They definitely have them for the other sizes. Did see some very young kids - maybe 3 or 4 skating.

Along with long pants and socks, which are required, would also recommend long-sleeved shirt and gloves (cheap, stretchy kind work fine; just help when getting up from the ice).

I am pretty sure they do. My grandkids are 6, 8, 10 and they all got skates without any problem, so saying that they have childrens' sizes 10-14 and 18 months to 3 years doesn't make sense. They definitely have them for the other sizes. Did see some very young kids - maybe 3 or 4 skating.

Just goes to show, once again, that what's on the website and what reality is are two different things.:D

Was just explaining the website children sizes of 2-7 are shoes sizes for kids 10-14.;)

Sizes 2-7 wouldn't just be for 10-14 yr olds. My son is almost 8, wears a size 2, and he has very small feet for his age. There are kindergartners in size 2. Also it doesn't specify if it is toddler vs older child sizes 2-7. If it says adult sizes starting at size 1, the sizes 1-5 would be equivalent to older kid sizes 1 and up. I'd assume the 2-7 would be toddler sizes based on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...Was just explaining the website children sizes of 2-7 are shoes sizes for kids 10-14.;)
You have made this "explanation" twice. 10-14 WHAT? Is that months old? Surely you don't mean 10 to 14 years old:confused: When I was 13 I wore a man's size 12 shoe, and while that may be on the large side, is is not unusual.