New Seawitch beer?

schlogee

My husband would kill for an IPA on a cruise. He hates cruise beer and it sucks you can't take on beer like you can wine. Would love to see this IPA on our next cruise.

Agreed. Princess does a lot of things well but having any type of craf beer selection is not one of them.....

Bob

Strike Brewing Company, located near San Francisco - one of Princess Cruises’ home ports – is an award-winning microbrewery well known to fans of local craft beer. The Seawitch West Coast IPA (India Pale Ale) features the balanced aroma of lightly roasted malt and barley which is strongly accented by the crisp dry flavor of a unique hop blend.

The Seawitch West Coast IPA will retail for $6.25 and be available in bars and lounges throughout Regal Princess. It is expected to be available fleetwide by early 2015.:)

Strike Brewing Company, located near San Francisco - one of Princess Cruises’ home ports – is an award-winning microbrewery well known to fans of local craft beer. The Seawitch West Coast IPA (India Pale Ale) features the balanced aroma of lightly roasted malt and barley which is strongly accented by the crisp dry flavor of a unique hop blend.

The Seawitch West Coast IPA will retail for $6.25 and be available in bars and lounges throughout Regal Princess. It is expected to be available fleetwide by early 2015.:)

fingerscrossed.png

Hopefully sooner than later.....:D:D:D

Bob

Hi! We'll be cruising with you on Ruby on January 10th!

Hopefully, it will be available and we can give it a try! :)

LuLu

Report back if you guys have a chance to try it! We're cruising Feb. 10th, so hopefully it'll be everywhere by then!

If you like a dark ale, the Seawitch is really good. Had a few on our Regal cruise. Worth the extra cost if you like that type of beer.

.............hmmm..........now I am thirsty. When is that happy hour???:cool:

It's on the Crown! Haven't had one, but can confirm it's here at least!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Well, if it is on the Crown and you are too, grab one and let us know what you think about it!!:cool:

It's on the Crown! Haven't had one, but can confirm it's here at least!

So, to repeat what I said.......just sayin',,,,,,

Well, if it is on the Crown and you are too, grab one and let us know what you think about it!!:cool:
Edited by ar1950

I saw one comment in another thread that the beer isn't very hoppy. He wasn't impressed.

Actually, it's not beer; it's an IPA. Didn't have it on the Ocean Princess (barkeep didn't know what I was talking about), but hoping they have it on the Caribbean for our upcoming cruise. I have found that they DO have Bass Ale on most Princess ships, which is better than common beer.

just got off of the Coral and I can confirm they have it. Very good.

That's AWESOME!!!! I'm on the Coral the end of the month!!!! Guess I won't need to sneak IPA's aboard....

Bas was usually my goto, now I have a choice :)

Thanks!

Edited by CruiseVA

Mediocre IPA is still better than Bud or whatever the other options are!

I think that is the key here. Compared to bud, it is great. If you are used to drinking watery american lagers, it is fantastic. But, if you are used to drinking microbrew, it is mediocre. I can't recall any ipa's at the store that have a paltry 6% alc level. If this stuff was on the shelf at a store next to Doghead 60, Sierra NV torpedo or AK Icey bay, the seawitch stuff would collect dust. It is nice that they have it, but I really can't think of a worse (maybe sam adams?) IPA than this stuff.

As for Strike Brewing being award winning, awards are pretty easy to win, at the GABF, they have literally 100's of categories.Some are highly contested (like IPA) some are not. FWIW, I consider Tapit Brewing IPA to be exceptional and they happened to win gold in IPA category in 2012 when I was there.

Time to drink a Six Rivers dbl ipa (10%)!