worst new years ever

bumble12

we were a family of 10 I been on 13 cruise before this. First time for my mom inlaw brother inlaw and 4 time for uncle. Have not sailed on ncl since 1989. Before we left I was reading many many negative things about ncl and the ship dawn. We almost canceled because of them. Paid a lot of money for this once in a life time family outing so because of all the bad posts we started the cruise worried but let me tell you it was the best new years we ever had. The ship is in great shape, the crew is the friendliest people I have ever seen working on a ship, the officers could not do enough, the food was great no matter where we ate. I could go on and on. By the way we had one wheelchair ,one with a walker, two children and 3 other handicap people and the crew helped us everyday with anything we had to do. I could keep telling you how good this cruise was but I just want the people that have pending cruise that the dawn is great, the food is great, and that you will have a wonderful time. thank you

OP: I’m glad you had a great time on the Dawn. Her crew is loved by Bostonians whom she sails for in the summer. The crew is some of the best at sea! Some of the crew even choose the ship because it’s going out of Boston and they have become like family to some of the Bostonian area cruisers! Glad you had a great New Years!

Agree about the ship and crew. We were on the same cruise and had a great time. I hope to post a "kind of review" review later tonight or tomorrow. I say kind of because I could never compete with the regular reviewers on here.

Just give it your best shot. Not everyone likes the fifty page War and Peace reviews with photos of the pre-cruise hotel room toilet paper holder. :D

We love the Dawn so much, we are driving to New Orleans in two weeks o cruise to the Western Caribbean on her!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!

That's awesome!

And should you see the Restaurant Manager, Mihaela, please tell her that her "hug buddy, Dwight" (my DH!) misses her and we've booked October 2015, hoping we will see her again! ;)

It's a long story (one of those "you had to be there" stories, I'm sure!), but the Hotel Director, Alain, mentioned at the M&G that Mihaela needed a hug over something that was said....... My husband stepped right up and for the rest of the cruise, every time they saw each other, they hugged! I mean, they would spot each other on opposite ends of the Stardust Theater and run into each others arms!! Priceless! :) I have some great photos of some of those moments too! ;)

That's awesome!

And should you see the Restaurant Manager' date=' Mihaela, please tell her that her "hug buddy, Dwight" (my DH!) misses her and we've booked October 2015, hoping we will see her again! ;)

It's a long story (one of those "you had to be there" stories, I'm sure!), but the Hotel Director, Alain, mentioned at the M&G that Mihaela needed a hug over something that was said....... My husband stepped right up and for the rest of the cruise, every time they saw each other, they hugged! I mean, they would spot each other on opposite ends of the Stardust Theater and run into each others arms!! Priceless! :) I have some great photos of some of those moments too! ;)[/quote']

That's so funny!! We were on the Dawn 10-17, we were on the cruise that was diverted to the Bahamas.....During our meet and greet, Alain said the same thing, so every time we saw her, we gave her a hug. She asked me what our cabin number was and she sent us strawberries in chocolate!! I hope she is on our cruise in 2 weeks, I want to run up and hug her, LOL!! Hopefully she will remember us!!

You will get more readers with that title. We have sailed Dawn for 2 NYE cruises. The one thing that was a problem is there were only DH and I.

We could not get a table in the MDR as there were so many large groups. We tried several nights and gave up!

Lesson learned! We do not do free style cruises for NYE or make reservations in specialty restaurants for the whole cruise.

Just give it your best shot. Not everyone likes the fifty page War and Peace reviews with photos of the pre-cruise hotel room toilet paper holder. :D

Sh*t, I forgot the toilet paper holder in my review. :p Darnit...off making notes to self for next review. :D

This was awesome to read as my DD and I are taking the Dawn this Sunday out of New Orleans. It is my first NCL cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Carnival 24 cruise days

Princess 79 cruise days, plus 142 cruise days scheduled

Norwegian 7 cruise days scheduled

Celebrity 15 cruise days scheduled