Allure Sofa Beds

We'll be a party of 4: DH, two kids (10.5 and 6.5 years) and myself.

We've booked a Promenade room and the picture of our room shows that it is a "Stateroom with a sofa bed". I also noticed that a couple Promenade rooms have "Stateroom with sofa bed and third Pullman bed available".

How small/narrow are the sofa beds? I'm assuming it would hold our two kids?

What is the difference between the two stateroom description?

I am slightly concerned since the sofa bed looks narrow in pictures. Also, when i tried to look up more about the room, I saw a few sites that described our room as holding 3, whereas it showed other promenade rooms as holding 4 people (not necessarily the second type...i didn't notice which room).

We did book through RCL directly so am guessing he wouldn't have offerred us this room if we wouldn't all fit, but just want to make sure.

Edited by LuCruise

Technically, two people can fit in the sofa bed. However, I would opt for the stateroom with the soda bed and pullman. That way the kids have a choice if they find the sofa bed too small.

Technically, two people can fit in the sofa bed. However, I would opt for the stateroom with the soda bed and pullman. That way the kids have a choice if they find the sofa bed too small.

Would this take up extra space if they didn't use the Pullman (not even sure what a Pullman is)?

Would this take up extra space if they didn't use the Pullman (not even sure what a Pullman is)?

Would take no extra space at all if not used. The Pullman drops down from the ceiling when you want to use it.

Your room steward will drop the Pullman from the ceiling when they do their evening cleaning and will put it back up during their morning cleaning. Same goes for sofa bed. You won't see it out in the afternoon or early evening when you are getting ready for dinner.

we are 4adults trying to fit into one room. our travel agent has recommended a d1 category room and says that they have either a sofa bed and Pullman, or two Pullmans. I can't find any pictures or information on the website, or the printed brochure. Can anyone help me Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually trying to visualize how this pullman sofa fits since the room seems pretty tight as it is (Promenade on Allure).

As of now, there is one room with this pullman bed available on our bed so I can call them tonight. Is it easy to change rooms once you're booked? Or do they have to go through a cancellation and rebook?

Am trying to see if its worth it. When we were in Disney, we had a sofa bed and a table bed (pulled down from the wall) and both wanted to stay in the table bed anways. So if there is room for both in the sofa bed, then they may be ok.

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually trying to visualize how this pullman sofa fits since the room seems pretty tight as it is (Promenade on Allure).

As of now, there is one room with this pullman bed available on our bed so I can call them tonight. Is it easy to change rooms once you're booked? Or do they have to go through a cancellation and rebook?

Am trying to see if its worth it. When we were in Disney, we had a sofa bed and a table bed (pulled down from the wall) and both wanted to stay in the table bed anways. So if there is room for both in the sofa bed, then they may be ok.

The pullman comes out of the ceiling, like the photo below:

64042.jpg

There is a ladder that can be used to climb into the bed.

Edited by clarea

Thanks so much for the picture. Will show it to Dh tonight. Not sure either of our kids would go for that (for fear of falling off...but guess they'd land on our heads if they did...he he)

The position of the pullman might be different in the stateroom you are considering. I just wanted you to see how it does not take any space when it's not extended.

In our room on Oasis the Pullman was above the sofa bed. There wasn't anything over our bed.

Thanks. It's more the thin bed in the air that my son may not be comfortable with...I'm ok with the placement.

We were in room 10327 and had just the sofa bed. It was plenty big enough for 2 people when opened. The only problem we had was there was about 6 inches to walk around the bed when it was open. It made the room feel really small. My husband kept hitting the bed when he walked out to the balcony. (Size 13 feet)

We were in room 10327 and had just the sofa bed. It was plenty big enough for 2 people when opened. The only problem we had was there was about 6 inches to walk around the bed when it was open. It made the room feel really small. My husband kept hitting the bed when he walked out to the balcony. (Size 13 feet)

Great thanks. And ours will be for two kids so we should be fine then.

Can see it being squishy as the rooms are so small. Am hoping the sofa bed is at least at the window and not at the door side (i.e. washroom side)

Maybe the balcony room sofa beds are different on Allure, but the Jr. Suite sofa beds are not really pull out couches with mattresses. Basically you pull out the seat portion of the sofa, and the back of the sofa folds flat. I would say that creates room for two very little people to share these types of sofa beds.

Again, maybe the sofa beds in the standard balconies are different. Allure was my first experience with these types of sofa beds. All our other cruises had the traditional pull out with a mattress.

null_zpsddb21933.jpg

I would have no trouble putting my 10 and 6 year old in a sofa bed for a cruise. My philosophy is, well, that's the way it has to be. :) We have sailed in a standard balcony cabin twice with 4 adults (our two grown children!) but we did what we had to do to make family vacation work. :)

Here is a pic of room 7187 on oasis. Promenade room. Kids were 9 and 13 at the time.

[ATTACH]335930[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much. That photo also gives me an idea of what the sofa bed looks like pulled out. And I"m pretty sure that both kids will fit on the sofa bed without needing the pullman (but still thinking if we just book the room with the pullman as an optino when we're there).

PS - Interesting as I didn't realize that they would lie down the other way. It at least makes room so the sofa bed doesn't extend out right to the desk (i.e. so you can still walk by...I was concerned when i saw some picutres with the sofa bed closer to the washroom side as I always get up in the middle of the night)