Kevin Sheehan Resigns

trfccruiser

Do you think he was forced out; or found a better job

Only time will tell,generally these guys only get pushed if the results are terrible or there has been some major incident,not aware either applies to Kevin.Generally,he is perceived to have turned the comapny around.He might have an offer already, or maybe he has decided to slow down as he is 60.These days that's pretty early, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he retired.

Bravo to Kevin Sheehan for taking a moribund company like NCL and turning it into the most ascendant brand in the cruise industry. I hope he's taking the money and running so that he can be with his family full-time in New York. Didn't he say on Undercover Boss that he commutes every week?

All of the Oceania and Regent Seven Seas aficionados will be thrilled that Frank Del Rio will be running NCL Holdings, as I'm sure they were concerned that Norwegian was going to cheapen those brands. Now it is likely that the Oceania magic will be sprinkled over Norwegian.

I'm optimistic that this is good news.

Good points. My thoughts ran along similar lines.

Bravo to Kevin Sheehan for taking a moribund company like NCL and turning it into the most ascendant brand in the cruise industry. I hope he's taking the money and running so that he can be with his family full-time in New York. Didn't he say on Undercover Boss that he commutes every week?

All of the Oceania and Regent Seven Seas aficionados will be thrilled that Frank Del Rio will be running NCL Holdings, as I'm sure they were concerned that Norwegian was going to cheapen those brands. Now it is likely that the Oceania magic will be sprinkled over Norwegian.

I'm optimistic that this is good news.

I don't think Kevin was meant to be a long term CEO from the start. I think he came in to turn things around and to be the CEO while the company went public. I don't remember where, but I remember having a discussion with someone about that.

As long as it doesn't come with higher fares I'm okay with it.

The higher fares have already begun. We have never sailed anyone but NCL, but I think that that is about to change. Money has never been a big object before, but some of the prices are now equal to Oceania prices. We have in the past sailed in suites and are booked into one for Alaska in June - $8,000 for seven days (penthouse on Jewel). There is another line that has a 14 day cruise in a suite for $7,000, now which one is the best bang for the buck? Just sayin.

We don't sail NCL because the are inexpensive, but because we like the product. We'll just have to play the wait and see game.

Edited by auntierobin

I think you will find it already has....

The higher fares have already begun. We have never sailed anyone but NCL, but I think that that is about to change. Money has never been a big object before, but some of the prices are now equal to Oceania prices. We have in the past sailed in suites and are booked into one for Alaska in June - $8,000 for seven days (penthouse on Jewel). There is another line that has a 14 day cruise in a suite for $7,000, now which one is the best bang for the buck? Just sayin.

We don't sail NCL because the are inexpensive, but because we like the product. We'll just have to play the wait and see game.

I was just looking at prices the other day and the prices don't seem to be that much higher to me but I don't keep a spreadsheet. Maybe the suite prices have gone up, but I don't sail in those so I wouldn't know. We'll see how it goes.

As reported on Seatrader,Kevin Sheehan has resigned to be replaced by Frank Del Rio.

Will they have to rename the bars?

I thought it was silly to re-name all the bars with a person’s name in the company to begin with. Why not call it the Red Lion Pub or something like that and keep it without a name. Now to change it will cost more money and we know that NCL will not do that in the near future. Maybe Kevin wanted his legacy to live on in the ships long after he resigned? Now his legacy will be on almost ALL of the NCL fleet.

I, personally, saw nothing wrong with the Blue Lagoon on the older ships as the late night menu was far better than the late night menu in O’Sheehans. I was dreading the day Sheehan would change the older ships over and now he has and re-done the entire area all for the sake of driving revenues. It’s not the first time he touched the older ships for the sake of revenues either (adding suites to the Dawn and Star to name just another).

Was the company better off under his management watch, yes? Could the company have turned itself around without being so in-your-face about needing revenue? TOTALLY!

I wish him luck on whatever caused him to leave and all future endeavors but I’m VERY excited for change at NCL. :D

Wow!!! Hope the illness rumor is just a rumor...either way I wish him well!!

Wonder if people who are cruising now have heard about it. I don't think this would be something that would be announced..?

"Ladies and gentleman, may I have your attention. The CEO has resigned."

Um, I highly doubt it's announced. Why would it be?

As far as Kevin Sheehan goes, I wish him all the best and sincerely hope that neither he, nor a loved one is ill enough to force him into retirement.

As for the prices going up, I booked a NYE cruise, 2016, in an SD suite because I couldn't believe the great deal I got. The price has gone up since I booked but with the promo for UDP, UBP and OBC, wow, if it continues like this they'll be paying me to take cruises. :p

Anyway, hopefully it was his choice and a chance to enjoy life, good luck Kevin. :D