Breeze 12/28/14 NYE sailing It's a family affair

jimbo5544

Pier runners

For the life of me, I don't think I will ever understand how so many people almost (and sometimes do) get left behind. What could possibly be the reason......maybe the booze?

This trip was no exception. We were supposed to leave at 4 and everyone back on board at 3:30. Around ten of, we hear athe announcements looking for 5 people. Four O'clock comes and the Captain is getting a little nervous on the bridge.

Maybe nervous is the wrong word, intersted in not leaving the morons behind might be a better way to put it. Edited by jimbo5544

Dinner that night was at the Italian Restaurant. The Cucina is located where the Steakhouse is on the Dream and Magic. We pretty much took over the entire place with 37 at five tables. This is a very good meal with a little entertainment. Apps are server family style (at least we have always gotten them that way in our five dinners we have eaten there. I had two chocolate cannolis for dessert that were great.....

After dinner, everyone did their own thing. After walking around for awhile, we went up and watched a little of the Dine in Movies....yes I got popcorn again and then called it a night.

Next up New Years Eve in Grand Cayman.

To be continued......

[quote name='dltvermont']Loving the review. We are taking our second ever cruise, kids first ever, on the Breeze in April with this same itinerary. Cant wait to get out of VT for some warm weather! -20* at my place this morning![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the nice words. When are you sailing the Breeze in April?

[quote name='anewmac']we love watching for pier runners... knock on wood we have never been one LOL[/QUOTE]

Nor us, our second cruise waaaaaaay back in 1998 aboard the Imagination on a week long western Caribbean cruise was the first experience we saw of this (and happened to be in Ocho Rios as well). Actually it was worse, and could never happen in today's world. They did the same sort of thing (in announcements and waiting and then left). The we watched as a wave runner (or something like that) came out to the ship with a lady sitting behind the driver with two arm fulls of bags. They tried to wave her off and eventually she boarded the ship. Wish I had pictures.....

[quote name='mum2bradley']they sounded the horn many times so I knew there were some idiots not back on the ship.[/QUOTE]

It sure is a telltale sign. That is what caused us to go out on the balcony to check. Loved when everyone started hooting hollering and he slowed down to a walk only to start running again when they began to pull in the gangway.

The pic of Margaritaville and the beach...is that in Ocho Rios? Is that a free beach or is there a cost or "excursion" that we have to pay for to get in there? LOVING your review. Doing our first Breeze sailing on March 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is in Ocho Rios. I don't think there was a fee for the beach, but to be honest I am bot sure. The people in our group who went there did not say (as I recall anyway). Someone reading this may be able to chime in. You will love the Breeze. Thanks for the nice words regarding the review.

December 31 New Years Eve Grand Cayman

We all awoke early and met in our normal spot on Lido for Breakfast. After breakfast, we all headed to our cabins to get ready for the tenders to Grand Cayman. We decided to meet up in the lobby at 10:30 and head down for the tenders.

Most everyone in our group was going over to seven mile beach, so it was pretty much a group thing. Some were just going to get off and do some shopping in the port after the crowds all got off. There were supposed to be 5 ships in Grand Cayman, which is by far a record for us sailing there. For those who do not know it, Grand Cayman is a tender only port. Here is some of the crew waiting for everyone else in the lobby.

w83uzc.jpg