Breeze 12/28/14 NYE sailing It's a family affair

jimbo5544

Thursday January 1 2015 Cozumel Mexico

Cozumel, Cozumel Our most frequent stop on a cruise ship, this was to be our 12th stop in Cozumel. It is also on the top 3 of my favorite ports of call (Half Moon Cay being number 1 and Grand Turk being number 2).

Cozumel is a very interesting island. It has the grand total of one town. It is a great location to dive or snorkel. Cozumel has great historical reference as well. There are some spectacular ruins there or close by. I think we have done the Fury Catamaran snorkel and beach party 5 times (not in a while) and it is in the top favorites of our excursions.

Our group was splitting up and doing many different things in Cozumel. I was tasked with taking a small group (their were 8 of us) over to the far side of the island (the Atlantic side) to show them the difference be tween the two sides and explore a little of these and hit a couple of beach bars.

Two yeas ago, the wife and I did a February cruise by ourselves (:eek: perrish the thought) on the Legend out of Tampa. Partly because we were by ourselves (which is not the usual way in which we cruise) I had looked into doing something different during our stop there. The first choice was something I found online. It was the Cozumel bar hop private excursion. It looked like a lot of fun and I tried to sign up and was put on a waiting list and never made it on that tour on that cruise. What we did do, was take the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen (which was a LOT of fun as well but I digress).

I made a mental note to ensure that I got into the Cozumel Bar Hop the next time we stopped there which we did in March aboard the Oasis. I loved and even more importantly I fell in love with the eastern side of the island. The remoteness, the tranquility, the spectacular beaches and the laid back beach bars are what I fell in love with.

So..... the decision was made that we would do our own excursion to recreate at least a part of this ourselves on this stop. We debarked from the ship and made our way through the meandering cobblestones of the shopping area tot he taxi stands. We negotiated a price for a van to spend 3 hours over on the east side (and stay with us) and we were off.

To be continued....great pics to come!

We thought we would hit a couple of the beaches that I had experieicned on the Cozumel Bar Hop excursion. The first stop (and eventually the only stop) was Punta Morena. This whole side of the island has basics only. Thre is some electricty but mainly supplied through wind and solar. The bathroom facilties are clean but, what is the right word....rugged?

At any rate the place is great. There is a restaurant, bar, and somefantastic beach areas. Here are some pics.

You have a wonderful family great review.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much! I have enjoyed doing it, it is winding down towards the end.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

While we had plans to hit another stop, we just relaxed for our time before heading back to the ship.

After getting dropped off at the port, we shopped some as we made our way back towards the pier. Probably the first time in a long time when we did not stop for a drink at one of the bars at the base of the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our group is going to do the Cozumel Bar Hop in March. What was your favorite stop??

It was a great tour and worth the money. The first stop was really nice but if you wanted to swim there, it would be tough. The next one the bar was not quite as nice but you could swim. The one on the cliff was probably my fav, but to get to the beach it is a bit of a haul. The forth was the smallest bar but prob the nicest beach area... Heck, I can't decide.

Just want to pop by to thank you for your review. I really enjoyed my solo (mom-cation) on the breeze in September.

Cozumel is a wonderful island - if folks venture away from Puerta Maya. DH and I spent a week there, staying at a B&B instead of an all-inclusive. Would go back in a heartbeat. We totally fell in love with the island and the people. We did the Cozumel Bar Hop during our stay, and would definitely recommend the tour. Fantastic way to see the"Wild Side" of Cozumel. It's just beautiful.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. What a wonderful (and generous) gift for your family.

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

It was a great tour and worth the money. The first stop was really nice but if you wanted to swim there, it would be tough. The next one the bar was not quite as nice but you could swim. The one on the cliff was probably my fav, but to get to the beach it is a bit of a haul. The forth was the smallest bar but prob the nicest beach area... Heck, I can't decide.

I'm not sure if our group will do any swimming....I'll be too busy drinking. But I am excited to try it

Thank you for sharing!! I hope that one day we could do this for our kids/grandkids as well:)

Thanks, I have enjoyed sharing it. It took a lot of planning and saving, but it was worth every penny. Hope we can do it again some day.

Just want to pop by to thank you for your review. I really enjoyed my solo (mom-cation) on the breeze in September.

Cozumel is a wonderful island - if folks venture away from Puerta Maya. DH and I spent a week there, staying at a B&B instead of an all-inclusive. Would go back in a heartbeat. We totally fell in love with the island and the people. We did the Cozumel Bar Hop during our stay, and would definitely recommend the tour. Fantastic way to see the"Wild Side" of Cozumel. It's just beautiful.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. What a wonderful (and generous) gift for your family.

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

Thanks for the kind words. We also love Cozumel. I would love to hear about the b&b. We purchased a time share (points, but not enough to really do nanny thing with) there once on a cruise, after a day in town drinking...... I would love to spend a week in Cozumel.

The review is winding down, should finish up in a couple more days.