World reservations fax number

Cinder Again

Has anyone else had trouble getting the fax to go through to World Reservations for their CCL stock credit? I tried twice yesterday for a friend, using two different fax machines, and in both cases, the transaction failed.

Does anyone still have an email addy for them, just in case I can't get it to go thru today? I'm trying one more fax machine today at a third location...

I faxed my own form several months ago, and double checked the fax number with HAL yesterday, so I'm sure I'm using the correct number. Thanks in advance, Kathi

Thanks for the responses, I tried using the same number again today and I THINK it went through. Hopefully Monday I'll get an email confirmation for my friend. I do think their fax may have been down, since it zipped right through today. I'm glad to have their email too, though, so I can scan and send if they don't get the fax. Thanks again! This is a great benefit if you own their stock, better than the dividends IMHO. Not taxable! ;) Kathi

Has anyone else had trouble getting the fax to go through to World Reservations for their CCL stock credit? I tried twice yesterday for a friend, using two different fax machines, and in both cases, the transaction failed.

Does anyone still have an email addy for them, just in case I can't get it to go thru today? I'm trying one more fax machine today at a third location...

I faxed my own form several months ago, and double checked the fax number with HAL yesterday, so I'm sure I'm using the correct number. Thanks in advance, Kathi

There are fax machines that are not in a museum? :confused:

I'm sorry Cuizer2, I don't understand your point? The fax did go thru yesterday (Saturday) but I really don't expect to get a confirmation til Monday, since I know the offices are closed as I said...

I'm sorry Cuizer2, I don't understand your point? The fax did go thru yesterday (Saturday) but I really don't expect to get a confirmation til Monday, since I know the offices are closed as I said...

I think that Cruizer2 is trying to be funny & say that he/she thinks Fax machines were obsolete, & no longer used..

But agree that is not the case when HAL needs this documentation Fax'd to them..

Glad to hear that the Fax went through, as I've always been able to Fax our statements to them..

It's so much easier to FAX the info. than e-mail only because with e-mail you must block out the rest of the info & then scan it & e-mail it..

Edited by serendipity1499

I think that Cruizer2 is trying to be funny & say that he/she thinks Fax machines were obsolete, & no longer used..

But agree that is not the case when HAL needs this documentation Fax'd to them..

Glad to hear that the Fax went through, as I've always been able to Fax our statements to them..

It's so much easier to FAX the info. than e-mail only because with e-mail you must block out the rest of the info & then scan it & e-mail it..

I hate faxes. They are low quality and when re-faxed are impossible to read. Scan and e-mail is a higher quality and doesn't degrade when re-emailed.

I hate faxes. They are low quality and when re-faxed are impossible to read. Scan and e-mail is a higher quality and doesn't degrade when re-emailed.

the new 3-in-1 machines have the same 'scanners' you are talking about that they use for faxing. It's not the old thermal imagers of the the old days.

the new 3-in-1 machines have the same 'scanners' you are talking about that they use for faxing. It's not the old thermal imagers of the the old days.

Fax printers print at something like 70 DPI. A scanned and e-mailed document can simply be attached to the new e-mail so it loses no quality. I am often the recipient of letters that have been re-faxed two or three times. Letterheads tend to use a smaller font for addresses and phone numbers. Often I then have to look up the address and/or phone number on the Internet. Simply put, I don't like faxes and personally will scan (usually at 300 to 360 DPI) and e-mail documents rather than fax them.

To follow up, after trying 3 times before getting a "confirmed" fax last week, I've not gotten the "normal" confirmation by email back from them. So, today I scanned the docs and sent them in an email, outlining my attempts last week and asking for confirmation. I did get an "automatic" response from them right away, saying they'll help as soon as they can, so hopefully the 4th time will be the charm. Thanks for providing the email address, I can understand why they wouldn't want them to all come in that way, but we'll see if they respond. Thanks!

I believe a thread mentioned that the fax machine was only on during the normal business hours of World Cruise Reservations in Seattle. You might make sure you try during those hours.

That has happened before. East Coast, I forget when business hours are open in Seattle. I do at least.

Edited by Folk Singer

Thanks OP - this thread reminded me I had yet to send in my stock request for my next cruise.:eek:

For the record, I faxed my request around 1:00 pm our time which would be around 8:00 am Seattle time (I think). I received a reply by email that my request had been received and processed at 1:15 pm and that my TA had the details. Pretty efficient IMO.

As to the investment value of the stock that some have queried. Some buy it as an investment, some for the dividends and some for the obc. I bought it last year and since then it is up over 25%. If I take into account the current exchange rate with the Canadian dollar if I were to sell, it is worth even more.

In the same time period I will have received (with the upcoming cruise) $750 in OBC. That is a very valuable dividend for me. Now, if you do not sail a lot with HAL/CCL lines it is not a big deal. I was told to buy it years ago on a cruise by a fellow CC member and had I done that, the stock would have been paid for long ago in OBC. I am a cautious investor.

Mea culpa.

Last followup:D I scanned and emailed my friends docs yesterday and within two hours had a confirmation stating that they'd credited her on Jan.12th. I guess they just forgot the request for confirmation. So, all is well, the fax is actually working again, so it must have been a glitch last Friday. Thanks for the email address, it really worked and my friend owes me lunch for getting her the $250 OBC!;)

Last followup:D I scanned and emailed my friends docs yesterday and within two hours had a confirmation stating that they'd credited her on Jan.12th. I guess they just forgot the request for confirmation. So, all is well, the fax is actually working again, so it must have been a glitch last Friday. Thanks for the email address, it really worked and my friend owes me lunch for getting her the $250 OBC!;)

all good news! happy to hear it!