Royal IQ for Android available

Lloyd555

As posted in the Quantum Facebook group by its administrator:

Do not have to sign up for the Wi-Fi internet package in order to use the Royal IQ APP.

When you get on the ship, you have to turn on your phone's Wi-Fi to connect the Royal iQ app. Follow the instructions to sign in.

Once you are connected, you are only connected to Royal IQ via Wi-fi to the ship’s INTRAnet. This is a limited and enclosed "private" universe that will allow limited functions via the ...Royal iQ app, luggage tracking, viewing your calendar, making/changing reservations, viewing show times etc.

There is an texting/calling option for $14.99 per person, per phone that will allow you to stay in touch with friends onboard. The Royal iQ will assign you a special number that you can give to friends. Those connected to your group should show up in your contacts automatically.

If you want INTERnet access, here is where you have to purchase an INTERnet plan or you can purchase minutes to be used throughout the sailing. D's and D+'s your free minutes should show up once you head into the area to "purchase" a plan.

And something that most people know and posted in the RCI website:

Please note: When you are using Royal iQ, we recommend that you put your phone into airplane mode to avoid international roaming changes from your mobile phone carrier.

Does anyone know if the daily Cruise Compass is (now) available via Royal iQ, allowing passengers to pick activities to try out and be alerted if there are scheduling conflicts?

Edited by Lloyd555

When downloading the Royal IQ app today, I noticed that the app requires permissions from your phone/tablet to access the following:

Device & app history

Identity

Contacts

Phone

Photos/Media/Files

Microphone

Wi-Fi connection information

Device ID & call information

Allowing this effectively gives RCI access to all your personal information, your friends e-mail and or phone numbers and in fact gives them the ability to completely take over your phone.

Bob

Unfortunately wont work on my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 or 3, which has android 4. Google Play states not suitable for device ....

Any updates would be appreciated.

My phone has Android 4.4.4 and it downloaded the Royal iQ App.

There is nothing you can actually do with the App until you are on Quantum of the Seas and connect to the Royal WiFi.

I downloaded it because it says it is going to be available on Allure also later this year.

Shame they didn't have the App when I was on Quantum :rolleyes:

When downloading the Royal IQ app today, I noticed that the app requires permissions from your phone/tablet to access the following:

Device & app history

Identity

Contacts

Phone

Photos/Media/Files

Microphone

Wi-Fi connection information

Device ID & call information

Allowing this effectively gives RCI access to all your personal information, your friends e-mail and or phone numbers and in fact gives them the ability to completely take over your phone.

Bob

Yes, I DID notice this and therefore did not download onto my Android LG phone. When I downloaded on my tablet for my first trip on Quantum, I don't recall that request of info. I am not comfortable with giving that access ability to Royal or anyone for that matter....so.....will wait till on the Quantum 1-23, and try to download while on board. Will it make a difference? I don't know.....

• 4 weeks later...