What's your go to drink??

Pesseh0729

Canadian Club and Ginger Ale

Good old "rye and ginger" ..... I rather infrequently ask for this, but (typically younger people) tending bar say... What? :)

My husband votes for the mai tai!

I like a frozen banana daiquiri, but mostly go for good old simple cabernet.

Enjoy!

Whisky sour.

Heh. Worst whiskey sour I ever tasted was one of RCI's on a bad day. A triple whammy of 1) mix, 2) at the wrong syrup strength, and 3) basically no detectable whiskey.

"Classic daiquiri" is my bellwether drink. You learn whether the bartender favors sweet or sour, strong or weak, what kind of presentation to expect, how satisfied they are with their rail rum, etc. It's one of the few rum drinks that doesn't do a darned thing to hide any ingredient, so pretty much every flaw or mishandling shows up in the glass.

Good old "rye and ginger" ..... I rather infrequently ask for this, but (typically younger people) tending bar say... What? :)

My husband votes for the mai tai!

I like a frozen banana daiquiri, but mostly go for good old simple cabernet.

Enjoy!

I have never been a big fan of the creamy fruity foamy Foo Foo drinks as they are sometimes referred to here.

Used to work for a guy who drank CC and ginger. He owned the bar I worked in , so I was usually the one making them for him. Tried one one night and really enjoyed it. Been my go to ever since.

I hear you about the younger bartenders . Try stumping them with a Ward 8, a Presbyterian , or an Old Fashioned *LOL*

In the morning it's a bloody Mary. Afternoon I will drink pina colada. Wine with dinner, and a cosmo during the show.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Forums mobile app

Love a good Bloody Mary. A few years ago I reading someplace about making them with Tequila , so i tried it. Really really good :)

Aviation

Sapphire Gin, lemon juice, Cointreau, Maraschino liquor, Creme de Violette, and a"Bada Bing" cherry.

No Violette available in your town? Backup drink is a Sazerac with Templeton Rye.

Even if it means not paying the mortgage, never drink cheap spirits!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My go to drink is Aperol Spritz - Aperol, prosecco & soda though on the Legend they made it with champagne followed by Bloody Caesar using Clamato Juice which the Legend was kind enough to stock on our NE/Canada cruise. On our Med cruise, they were out of Clamato Juice. Hopefully both will be available on our TA.

Aviation

Sapphire Gin, lemon juice, Cointreau, Maraschino liquor, Creme de Violette, and a"Bada Bing" cherry.

No Violette available in your town? Backup drink is a Sazerac with Templeton Rye.

Even if it means not paying the mortgage, never drink cheap spirits!

Agree with the use of Templeton in the Sazerac!!

Again thank you all for the great drink ideas! Keep em comin. Most of the drinks that I've read I am willing to try but with peach schnapps of course

If you're really interested in trying new drinks, I'd suggest leaving out the peach schnapps. You could always add it later, but you'll miss out on what the drink is "supposed" to taste like and you could miss out on something you'd enjoy.

Since you asked what was my Go-To drinks: Of cours, beer, especially IPA type and Red wine, but fot the spirits category my go to is basic Rye & ginger. And for a special evening treat, I really like a well made Old Fashioned.

But, I tend to keep a fairly large number of drinks in regular rotation such as: Gin & Tonic, Bloody Ceasar, Mojito & Frozen Mojito, Scotch (Neat), Manhatan, Rob Roy, Espresso Martini, Classic Martini, Long Island iced tea, and others. Basically, I'll try just about anything at least once. I've often found that many drinks that I did not really like on my first try on one night, I might like on another night for some reason. But some, I continue to dislike even after multiple tries. Such as, any drink that containes Campari, I can't bring myself to like no mattre how many times I try it, it tastes like mosquito repellant.

dp

Lava Flow!

Like a Pina Colada swirled with a Strawberry Daiquiri. Mmmmmm

I really like the lava flow, but I do it wildberry. Pure Yum; I will do 1 since really too sweet, and switch to white zin or bud.

I want to try 1 of the chocolate drinks but again it was too hot both trips, and too much sugar.