Back for second cruise

hallasm

Just about to sail away from Cape Liberty. Quantum 12 nights Southern Caribbean Cruise

This is my second Quantum cruise - I were at the Quantum Trans Atlantic Maiden voyage and now back two months later.

So far a very positive experience. We arrived at 11am - checked-in the luggage and was through security and boarding process in 15 minutes - very smooth process.

I will write review during the cruise as well as posting video postcards at my blog http://quantumcaribbean.blogspot.com/

So I will compare my experiences with my first cruise and this 12 nights Southern Caribbean Cruise.

The captain just announced that internet will be free at this cruise

Stay tuned. You are also welcome with specific questions

Looking forward to your posts. We are on the next sailing and can hardly wait. Enjoy your cruise and have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here "Sea Dame". OP - I am looking forward to your posts as it will help my last days before boarding go quicker.:)

Can I ask what your boarding time was on your set sail pass? The earliest time I could get on line is 1245 and that was group "A". I have never gone so late to a port before. Do you think it would be an issue showing up earlier?

Glad to hear things are great so far. Is the internet free this sailing?

Yes - the internet is free for everyone - The captain did announce the free internet during the muster drill - well received! And so far the speed is excellent.

Can I ask what your boarding time was on your set sail pass? The earliest time I could get on line is 1245 and that was group "A". I have never gone so late to a port before. Do you think it would be an issue showing up earlier?

RCCL want you to show up at the defined time, but we were early and no problems with boarding early.

We were Group B - boarding 12:15 - we did arrive 11 and the group didn't mean anything - no signs of groups. We did wait few minutes for an agent and we were at the ship before noon. Very smooth boarding process.

RCCL want you to show up at the defined time, but we were early and no problems with boarding early.

We were Group B - boarding 12:15 - we did arrive 11 and the group didn't mean anything - no signs of groups. We did wait few minutes for an agent and we were at the ship before noon. Very smooth boarding process.

How was traffic getting to port and the left turn from the North? Just wondering how far ahead we need to order our taxi to make our 11:45 boarding time.

How was traffic getting to port and the left turn from the North? Just wondering how far ahead we need to order our taxi to make our 11:45 boarding time.

Might very well depend of what day it is the week - our boarding was a Sunday - very smooth and fast traffic just until the entrance of the harbour . then it took 15 minuts for the very last mile.

I know that you cannot get your sea pass until your room is ready. My question is, Can you get alcoholic beverages while waiting for your room to get ready? I am thinking no because you do not have your sea pass card, but I thought I would ask.

Edited by RCfuncruiser10

I know that you cannot get your sea pass until your room is ready. My question is, Can you get alcoholic beverages while waiting for your room to get ready? I am thinking no because you do not have your sea pass card, but I thought I would ask.

You would use your Set Sail Pass for any drink purchase.

You would use your Set Sail Pass for any drink purchase.

Actually we could buy alcoholic beverages, while waiting for our room to get ready. Scooner Bar did use the SetSail Pass - they were quite busy Sunday morning before we got our rooms.

Yeah, I encountered that #%*€%¥ of a left turn last month. :rolleyes:

I have already decided that NEXT month I will go straight and turn around in the shopping center.

;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

I'm really interested in any changes that you report since your last Quantum cruise in Nov.

I will make a comprehensive review of my finding at the end of the cruise

So far I'll consider this as a 'Royal Caribbean Cruise' at a nice new ship

Last time internet was free not working well - this time it's free and working very well. Have had no connection problems so far and have been able to stream Danish Television (great)

Royal iQ App is also working much better - last cruise it was a 'beta version' with a lot of upgrades/changes during the cruise.

I did not have issues with Dynamic Dining at my first cruise and to me it's working fine as well for this cruise.

Still only one sea day - More to be experienced...

If you happen to hear it can you post the number of guests onboard? Thanks.

I will.

SailinC2C - thank you for posting the number of passengers.

I have done some testing (http://www.speedtest.net) - excellent speed - I have streamed TV and surfing the net without any problems, even in my cabin.

Much faster than my internet at home!!

January 11 in Royal esplanade

ping 219 ms, download 23.29 Mbps upload 26.37 Mbps

January 12 in my cabin (sea day)

ping 228 ms, download 13.40 Mbps upload 3.07 Mbps

January 14 at my balkony - docked

ping 203 ms, download 18.34 Mbps upload 12.27 Mbps