3rd and 4th Sail Free

It is planning time and we are ready for another cruise. However, the price for the 3rd and 4th guest seems very expensive when its for an 8 year old and a 2 year old. We were fortunate to take a cruise last year with the family when RCCL was running this deal. Has anyone heard of them starting it again this year?

Take a look at the bottom line. The 3rd. & 4th might have "been free" , but the first and second might have been higher then the current rate. When RCCL offers these promotions, often the price for the first and second is jacked up.

I hope the pricing eventually works and you can cruise again.

M

I haven't seen specific sale dates, but I'm sure they will be running it again. We booked ours last March for a cruise in December and I felt that we got a decent rate. It was $2,256 (includes tips, taxes, etc) for a 6 night on Indy, in a D1 balcony room, with 4 people. It seemed like the best rates for that promo were at the beginning of the sale and then they went up until the promo ended.

Edited by brewcrew4

Feels like the BOGO+KSF was actually a "real" sale back when they ran it early in 2014. Rebooked several cruises under that special and saved money.

Since then they have run the BOGO continuously but have not seen the KSF add-on again. The BOGO deal has generally been nothing special though.

Not sure that we will see KSF again but hears hoping :)

It is planning time and we are ready for another cruise. However, the price for the 3rd and 4th guest seems very expensive when its for an 8 year old and a 2 year old. We were fortunate to take a cruise last year with the family when RCCL was running this deal. Has anyone heard of them starting it again this year?

Watch your pricing 3rd & 4th free worked out to about $580 more then what we booked at.

BOHOHO worked out to be between $700 - $1100 MORE then what we paid.

We booked under a Canadian Resident rate.

Watch your pricing.. a deal really isn't a deal sometimes!

I believe the last real sale I saw where I ACTUALLY saved some $$$ was back in August when RCI ran a WOW sale and the KSF promo and it did NOT apply to only new bookings. We ended up saving $700 and then got $100 OBC on top of it, so a net savings of $800 from what we booked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are waiting for a KSF promotion to come back. Our first child will be 9 months old for a cruise we already have booked. Hard to see paying $3,500 for a E1 balcony on Freedom for two adults and a 9 month old. Hoping the KSF will come back and we'll be able to rebook to make it more reasonable.

Did someone say they thought it came around in March?

I don't think you will see a big savings with only one child. We noticed a huge difference as we have 3, otherwise would have been about a $200 savings with just one child. I don't know that I'd wait for a KSF promo for that amount

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last year the KSF promo was announced March 1st, I do believe. I remember because we sailed on the March 1st, 2014 Indy sailing with our kids, and there were barely any kids on the ship. The kids club told me that there were a ton scheduled for the following weeks because of the KSF sail that was announced just as we got on board. Oh well :/

I do hope they run it again, I'll jump on it in the first few days - honestly, the savings WERE good on the right ship/itinerary. I almost booked a S. Caribbean Thanksgiving cruise and I think for all four of us it was $4000 in a Junior Suite, which was what you'd normally pay for a D1 on a Holiday week if you booked in advance. D1s were running like $3000 for the week for all four of us.

Do you think the KSF deal would be for specific dates? We have a 9night cruise booked for July 30th 2015. Wonder if I would be able to get that deal if it comes back?

Possibly, even though the previous promos were advertised for new bookings, Royal allowed those with existing bookings to take advantage of the promos.