Dumb question

ryano

My mother and I are booked on Freedom for April 12 2015 in accessible PR cabin #6315. I just booked my best friend from high school last night in PR cabin #6313 right next door as a solo cruiser. Our reservations are linked.

Once we board the ship can my mom take 6313 and my best friend stay in 6315 with me? She turns in kinda early and Im sure we will be out partying til the wee hours of the morning. It would just work a lot better that way.

Im assuming we would go straight to Guest Services to inquire?

Edited by ryano

We've done that before and they've always been happy to issue new keys.

Tom

Sure, just go to Guest Services and they will give you extra keys to the staterooms.

By the way, whoever is booked (not staying) as the single will get double C&A points.

Thanks! He will be responsible for his onboard charges but I will be responsible for moms. They will be able to keep that separate? Im guessing he would have to go in moms cabin to view HIS onboard charges on the tv and I can keep track of mine and my moms charges on my tv in my cabin? Not sure how all that works. :o

As far as double points, I suppose he will get those right? This is his first RCI cruise.

Edited by ryano

Thanks! He will be responsible for his onboard charges but I will be responsible for moms. They will be able to keep that separate? Im guessing he would have to go in moms cabin to view HIS onboard charges on the tv and I can keep track of mine and my moms charges on my tv in my cabin? Not sure how all that works. :o

As far as double points, I suppose he will get those right? This is his first RCI cruise.

Correct, whoever is actually booked in the stateroom will be listed on the stateroom TV. With regard to the charges, that won't change when Guest Services gives out the extra keys. The extra keys have no charging capability. Even if it's the first cruise, they will get the extra points.

When we cruised with our son and daughter-in-law we booked our son with me in one cabin and my wife and daughter-in-law in the other to take advantage of our D+ discount. When we got onboard we went to Guest Services and had the SeaPasses changed. We did not get "extra keys." It is no problem. The charges are linked to a portfolio number and not the room number. Can't remember if I could see my wife's charges on my TV or not. But as to the rest, it's very common to switch rooms with friends. Royal Caribbean will even tell you how to do it to take advantage of discounts. Seem like a silly waste of energy.

If there is any problem, extra keys is still an option.

With the musical beds going on, who required the accessible cabin? Will that person still be using it?:confused:

Maybe you are using a small screen or a format that does not show profile pictures. The OP's includes his chair. He needs an accessible cabin and will be in one whether bunking with mother or friend.

When we cruised with our son and daughter-in-law we booked our son with me in one cabin and my wife and daughter-in-law in the other to take advantage of our D+ discount. When we got onboard we went to Guest Services and had the SeaPasses changed. We did not get "extra keys." It is no problem. The charges are linked to a portfolio number and not the room number. Can't remember if I could see my wife's charges on my TV or not. But as to the rest, it's very common to switch rooms with friends. Royal Caribbean will even tell you how to do it to take advantage of discounts. Seem like a silly waste of energy.

Would you provide a little more detail on how this was done please? We did the same thing when booking our upcoming cruise. Having the SeaPass changed instead of extra keys would be so much less confusing.

Thank you so much. I will definitely look into that :)

Ryano! So good to see you will be cruising this year! I think it's been a few years for you. I still remember our Carnival Holiday discussions back in the day.

Thanks Todd! Im pretty excited. I havent cruised since April 2012. I bought a house in December 2012 and had been spending my extra money there :p

Finally get to get back on Freedom and Im really looking forward to it.

I too remember our Carnival Holiday discussions. Ya know, that being my first cruise and not knowing what to expect, I had a wonderful time on that old gal! She is what got me hooked on cruising :)

Edited by ryano

Thanks Todd! Im pretty excited. I havent cruised since April 2012. I bought a house in December 2012 and had been spending my extra money there :p

Finally get to get back on Freedom and Im really looking forward to it.

I too remember our Carnival Holiday discussions. Ya know, that being my first cruise and not knowing what to expect, I had a wonderful time on that old gal! She is what got me hooked on cruising :)

Not to hijack your thread, but yes, the Holiday was a unique ship. Very small, and the onboard shops were almost non existent. There was a funky smell most time, but it was still a great cruise. Mobile Alabama was kinda cool to sail out of too. Very easy parking, on/off..

I see your last cruise was Freedom. I've actually never been on that one, but have been on Liberty and Indy three times, with our 4th coming up in March - it's an amazing class of ship. It blew us away when we cruised on the Freedom Class for the first time. And so far, it's all we have booked since. Enjoy the cruise!