3 Dinners Specialty Package-question about Silk Harvest

Muushka

We're thinking of getting this specialty package.

My question is this: Do they ever allow you to do 2 Tuscan, 1 Murano and skip Silk Harvest?

Anyone have any luck doing this?

(reason is I'm allergic to soy and husband doesn't like the menu)

We did not enjoy Silk Harvest, since we are used to very good Chinese food in Vancouver. I hope you can eliminate it. Why not wait till you're on board and maybe you can get some discounts just for asking, if they are not well booked. Then you can choose what suits you.

Edited by TeaBag

I would wait until you are on board where it's very likely you will be offered comparable discounts and you will be able to avoid silk harvest (it's the only specialty restaurant we actually avoid based on past experience)

In the past we have been offered discounts at specialty dining anywhere from 30% to 50% off.

We sailed the Eclipse over Christmas and NYE and there were no discounts to be had, which surprised me.

If I remember correctly we can book this 3 dinner special when we board.

I think we'll probably try to do it then and ask about Tuscan X 2.

I just wondered if anyone had any luck getting them to substitute a restaurant.

Silk Harvest is the least expensive of the 3 restaurants and the packages are priced for the selected restaurants in the packages, so I've never heard of anyone being able to sub a more expensive restaurant. I think I did read someone's post they were able to make a substitution but paid additional for it. Doesn't hurt to ask onboard, but I wouldn't count on it. As others have said, you may have better luck asking for discounts at the restaurants you like when onboard.

We had the 3-dining package and we were not allowed to make any changes. This was even after explaining food allergies (soy, dairy, gluten, and egg).

They did a good job of trying to accommodate the restrictions, but it just didn't work out as well as we hoped.

Silk Harvest is the least expensive of the 3 restaurants and the packages are priced for the selected restaurants in the packages, so I've never heard of anyone being able to sub a more expensive restaurant. I think I did read someone's post they were able to make a substitution but paid additional for it. Doesn't hurt to ask onboard, but I wouldn't count on it. As others have said, you may have better luck asking for discounts at the restaurants you like when onboard.

Oops, I thought they were the same price.

We had the 3-dining package and we were not allowed to make any changes. This was even after explaining food allergies (soy, dairy, gluten, and egg).

Ah. Thank you. We won't bother trying. Thanks again :).

They did a good job of trying to accommodate the restrictions, but it just didn't work out as well as we hoped.