Would like to carry on DIET TONIC, leave at bar, to be used for gin and tonic..

FlorenceItaly

Leave a mixer at one of the bars?

No. This would not be practical, I would think, and I suspect they would tell you so. There is usually limited space there. Also, it would really mess them up when it came to restocking or inventorying. Best to keep your mixer in your cabin and use as needed.

Sort of a ridiculous request. You're on a ship with thousands of other people. What makes you think you are entitled to bring your own mixer and have it stationed at whatever bar you choose for your own exclusive use. Please give me a break. If you're that much of a calorie counter, don't drink the alcohol. I guarantee there's more calories in that than the diet tonic:rolleyes:

Leave a mixer at one of the bars?

No. This would not be practical, I would think, and I suspect they would tell you so. There is usually limited space there. Also, it would really mess them up when it came to restocking or inventorying. Best to keep your mixer in your cabin and use as needed.

I agree and with different bar tenders being there at different times they are going to have no idea who it belongs to and that they can't use it for other people. They're probably just going to think someone ordered the wrong thing and it needs to be used up, therefore using it on other people's drinks. Then when you go to get your drink it won't be there.

I suggest if you want it leave it in your cabin.

I understand what the OP is doing. I drink vodka but I use diet cranberry juice. Doing that turns a 300 calorie drink into a 150 calorie drink. Every little bit helps IMHO.

With that being said, I would not bring my container of diet juice to a bar. I would ask for a shot and mix it myself. Or just drink it on the rocks with a lime and lemon.

WOW, such hostile replies. Now, I remember what I don't miss about CC, lol. Believe me, I am very easy to please and appreciate the staff very much. I am just happy to be on vacation and not home cooking and cleaning. This will be number #30 cruise for me. Excuse me for asking what I thought was an innocent question.

WOW, such hostile replies. Now, I remember what I don't miss about CC, lol. Believe me, I am very easy to please and appreciate the staff very much. I am just happy to be on vacation and not home cooking and cleaning. This will be number #30 cruise for me. Excuse me for asking what I thought was an innocent question.

I'm not being hostile...I'm legitimately trying to help you. I would seriously be concerned about a bar tender not knowing that it belongs to a specific cruiser and using it and it not being there when you want it.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, consume less calories and I understand that not having lower calorie options at the bars are a pain in the you know what, but I just don't think this is the solution.

I'm not being hostile...I'm legitimately trying to help you. I would seriously be concerned about a bar tender not knowing that it belongs to a specific cruiser and using it and it not being there when you want it.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, consume less calories and I understand that not having lower calorie options at the bars are a pain in the you know what, but I just don't think this is the solution.

Thank you, Kelley. I appreciate your help and taking the time to respond to my post. You are right, it is not the solution to my situation.

If it is really important to you I would just carry some on board and bring along with you or mix in the cabin. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, they hold bottles of wine for folks so maybe they could do the same with your tonic.

PS - or order your mixer/alcohol from Bon Voyage and mix in your cabin. Just a thought.

Edited by tkportersat

Carry some on and buy a bottle of gin from Bon voyage and make your own.

This is also an option. Thank you. Typically, while out in the evening we do like to order from the bars and lounges on ship. We cruised last month, and I came home with a few extra pounds, so this is what led me to start thinking about our next cruise, next month and what I can do better.

This is also an option. Thank you. Typically, while out in the evening we do like to order from the bars and lounges on ship. We cruised last month, and I came home with a few extra pounds, so this is what led me to start thinking about our next cruise, next month and what I can do better.

maybe its all the food you ate between the mix drinks!!:)

I'm pretty sure it would violate some sort of health department/legal issue to have employees serve you anything that Carnival didn't maintain control of from the get-go. DH is a gin and diet-tonic drinker as well, and we do the Bon Voyage thing and bring tonic. We use our Tervis cups whenever possible, but for those times that he doesn't want to be bothered he has to go with the full calorie version. Fortunately, I prefer rum and diet sprite, so I'm good to go wherever, lol!

why can't people from this site just answer the questions with out the smart remarks.. This person asked if she could leave her diet pop at the bar... She wasn't complaining all she did was ask a question.....this is her vacation also if she only likes one kind of pop why do you care

I was also kind of wondering if it would violate some sort of regulation to have a cruiser's personal mixer's drink behind the bar. I'm sure there's some violation being broken there? Who knows!

I used to manage a restaurant and I know if a customer had asked us to do this we wouldn't have done it, regardless of if it was against rules. It's just not in the interest of the cruise line to store your personal stuff that no one else is allowed to use.

I think really your best option is to bring it with you and keep it in your cabin. Maybe when you leave for the bar bring a can with you and ask them to use that can for your drink. Maybe they will maybe they won't?

Anything behind the bar is there for the bartender's use and how can you possibly think that they want to be responsible for your tonic? I guess I just understand that I'm not that special because I would never think to ask something like that. OP, you need to have thicker skin if you're going to ask for special favors and for things that most people would never consider doing. Carry it yourself and ask the bartender to use it when mixing your drink. Beyond that, I think you're asking too much.