Booked Oasis - solarium questions

We will be sailing on Oasis April 18. We usually sit in the solarium area by the pool to enjoy the sun and "wading". I have been looking at the deck plans for the Oasis and it seems like there is no actual pool in the solarium area. Can anyone tell me if that is the case? We are traveling with two other couples for this cruise and when I told them about this they were a little unhappy. Also, is the solarium completely closed in on top as well as sides? Thanks for any information.:confused:

We will be sailing on Oasis April 18. We usually sit in the solarium area by the pool to enjoy the sun and "wading". I have been looking at the deck plans for the Oasis and it seems like there is no actual pool in the solarium area. Can anyone tell me if that is the case? We are traveling with two other couples for this cruise and when I told them about this they were a little unhappy. Also, is the solarium completely closed in on top as well as sides? Thanks for any information.:confused:

Setsail already replied yes to the pool, and I guess technically he is right, however you did say actual pool. I consider the "pool" in the solarium to be a human bird bath, you step in, rinse off in the fountain and go back to sunbathing. If you actually want to do something like swimming or even treading water, you have to go out on the pool deck. But technically you can wade, but the pool is pretty small for the number of people in there during the daylight.

The roof is not totally sealed, but it provides 90% protection from rain, feels a little stuffy in there at times.

THERE IS A RUMOR the OASIS-3 will have an actual pool here.

Edited by BillOh

Thanks for your replies. When you say small "birdbath", how does it compare with the other RCC class ships. I would say that most of the solarium pools are smaller than the main pool, but is it even smaller than other solarium pools? Also, regarding the sunning, I guess the enclosure effects the sunbathing. I remember on Radience the solarium felt a little like a terrarium. Is it similar?

Thanks for your replies. When you say small "birdbath", how does it compare with the other RCC class ships. I would say that most of the solarium pools are smaller than the main pool, but is it even smaller than other solarium pools? Also, regarding the sunning, I guess the enclosure effects the sunbathing. I remember on Radience the solarium felt a little like a terrarium. Is it similar?

I think it's smaller than solarium pools on Voyager/Freedom class. More like a large hot tub.

Great photos. Thanks. Even the sitting area looks nicer on Navigator.

You are quite welcome! There is some nice, padded, furniture seating in the allures solarium. It is really a beautiful area, but of all the RCI ships we've sailed, it was my least favorite Solarium. Very warm, with very little air flowing. We're on oasis in a few weeks and I'm going to give it another try. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the pool is smaller than on other ships, but it's not that small! On port days a group of about 8 of us had the whole solarium until mid-afternoon. I believe the sign says 50 people maximum - it is definitely not a swimming pool, but it has been my experience on all ships that people tend to just stand and visit in the solarium pool.

On the Oasis and Allure the sports pool is bigger, then there is also the main pool, so you do have choices.

Love the choice of furniture in the solarium - regular loungers and then also nice padded wooden furniture, foot stools, etc. more of a choice. I am not a sunbather and love the choice of furniture to sit and read.

If you sit by a sliding glass window you get a nice breeze. There are spots under the glass roof and also in direct sunlight. You might have to move your chair as the sun/ship move.

The Oasis/Allure solariums have kind of grown on me ...... didn't care for at first ..... then began to appreciate them more!