Save our passports!!

alfredo1

We have the same label stock on both ships, and yet some people say they come off easily while others say they don't. There must be another variable at play?

Digressing a bit, but what does OH stand for? Only husband? Other Husband? I'm stumped :p

We have the same label stock on both ships, and yet some people say they come off easily while others say they don't. There must be another variable at play?

Digressing a bit, but what does OH stand for? Only husband? Other Husband? I'm stumped :p

Other Half

Maybe some labels are more enthusiastically applied than others? Depends on who gets to stick them.

I've had to use Sticky Stuff remover myself and unfortunately it does damage the cover.

A paper or plastic sleeve to hold the passport in would be bettter.

Edited by Glenndale

The spray polish should remove not only the sticky goo but also the label.

Before trying to remove the label, spray over it and wait a couple of minutes, as it should all come off together.

I am concerned to read about the Jordanian sticker/barcode inside the passport on a photo page as we will board a ship there in December with UK passports.

If at all possible, will need to try and watch what officials are doing at the time.

Sadly not onboard Azamara this time...........

They are very strict on any even minor damage to refuse to let you board a flight. I have been in line and watched them refuse boarding to someone who had some very slight water spots on back page. Another had a small bend on a page and in China was refused boarding.

It is very concerning putting anything on a passport.

Perhaps the passport itself? They're not all the same.....Maybe some that have a shinier finish shed stickers more easily?

Sadly just discovered there has been no change in the process AND the Jordanian authorities placed sticky barcodes inside our second photo page that has to be kept clear on UK passports I've managed very carefully to remove that label, the one on the cover would have beenan issue as my government employer insists we have clean unmarked passport covers :( but I'm getting a second work passport next month phew! Certainly the kind of permission to work visas I get for China etc can be refused if the passport cover is defaced. A new system really is needed!

I can't believe Azamara would stick labels to the front of UK passports - it is a big no-no.