SS 6145/6146 M class closets

lawgirl

I'm calling television reality show executives tomorrow about a new reality show. "Hoarders on Vacation".

That is funny! And I admit I need an intervention! I bring way, way too much! My poor husband and my high maintainence, hoarding ways! HE gets stuck hauling my luggage!

We booked deck 7 CS. It looks great with the new suite perks! And my hoarding self with shoes will fit! Ha ha!

6145 and 6146 on the Connie do NOT have the canvas cover over the balcony. They are open to the sky!

:confused: Yes there are covers over these two staterooms on the Connie. We stayed in a CC above SS 6146 once, and then the next month stayed in 6145. Here is a photo from both showing the cover.

7.jpg.7d78120cf515db791ae9999f9ef2856c.jpg

1999606933_photo3.jpg.fe10693914f8520f1b29ac57da9d504d.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

We LOVE the M-class CS. Sure, the bathroom isn't perfect, and the deck isn't huge but the layout is GREAT. The closet is more than ample, make up area has plenty of storage and it has some of the best view on the ship. It's an EXCELLENT value.

If you think you were spiked with an SS on S-class, the spoiling of this cabin and Michael's Club will spoil you much more.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We LOVE the M-class CS. Sure, the bathroom isn't perfect, and the deck isn't huge but the layout is GREAT. The closet is more than ample, make up area has plenty of storage and it has some of the best view on the ship. It's an EXCELLENT value.

If you think you were spiked with an SS on S-class, the spoiling of this cabin and Michael's Club will spoil you much more.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Stupid question, but does the room have a magnified makeup mirror? I can't see without readers so I bring one if there isn't one in stateroom. Thanks! I know I am off topic!

Stupid question, but does the room have a magnified makeup mirror? I can't see without readers so I bring one if there isn't one in stateroom. Thanks! I know I am off topic!

Yes, great ones and I travel A LOT, and like them better than almost any hotel version. They're free standing with battery powered lights and VERY magnifying and very clear. Sometimes I put it on a tissue box to make it taller. If you don't have one, (it's only happened once on many cruises), just ask. I'ts usually folded up in a pouch like a hairdryer.

On second thought, I don't like them, they work too well, too many visible blemishes I only see when I sail.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Yes, great ones and I travel A LOT, and like them better than almost any hotel version. They're free standing with battery powered lights and VERY magnifying and very clear. Sometimes I put it on a tissue box to make it taller. If you don't have one, (it's only happened once on many cruises), just ask. I'ts usually folded up in a pouch like a hairdryer.

On second thought, I don't like them, they work too well, too many visible blemishes I only see when I sail.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks! Btw, love your screen name!

• 1 month later...
It is an amazing SS (cabin 6145)! Larger than the others on the ship, it is also decorated in the same style as the penthouse.

Totally agree! We had this cabin on the Infinity in Oct., 2014 and it was fantastic.

The balcony is covered.

Yes, covered balcony on the Infinity.

(Balcony) is huge with full size table & 3 chairs and reclining chairs with footstools.

We asked for 2 loungers, which we were given. Also had the 2 chairs with footstools, a large table and 4 chairs. This large balcony held all that furniture and still had room to walk around it.

Double sinks, marble tile everywhere, shower & full size tub....and lots of storage.

Fantastic bathroom!

The closet is smaller but you have an actual hallway/entry area where we left most of our shoes. You didn't see them from the room so it didn't spoil the ambiance. There are plenty of drawers throughout the room.

Closet held clothing for 2 of us for a 2 week cruise in cool and warm weather. We put all foldable things in the many drawers (yes, there are many drawers and shelves) and only hung up things that couldn't be folded.

Great suite - we'll try to get it again is we sail on an M-class ship. BTW, we heard absolutely nothing from the Penthouse Suite next door. :)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Hoping that I didn't choose poorly, when I booked one of these cabins for our upcoming Summit cruise! We had heard what great cabins 6145/6146 both were -- and how fast they book up. We even got a quick peek at one, before we booked it. Of course, I was just looking at the beautiful paneling, and that huge bathroom. I wasn't checking for closet or drawer space -- something that is important to both of us. Didn't even think about the piano next door, either. :eek:

The balcony did appear to be quite spacious, and have an awning (or some kind of cover) over it. I'm just hoping that I don't regret my decision to take this cabin, over the S-1 with the HUGE angled balcony (6132)! :(

Hoping that I didn't choose poorly, when I booked one of these cabins for our upcoming Summit cruise! We had heard what great cabins 6145/6146 both were -- and how fast they book up. We even got a quick peek at one, before we booked it. Of course, I was just looking at the beautiful paneling, and that huge bathroom. I wasn't checking for closet or drawer space -- something that is important to both of us. Didn't even think about the piano next door, either. :eek:

The balcony did appear to be quite spacious, and have an awning (or some kind of cover) over it. I'm just hoping that I don't regret my decision to take this cabin, over the S-1 with the HUGE angled balcony (6132)! :(

I was in that cabin and I loved it! The penthouse is so big, they don't spend much time at table and the piano I didn't hear except when they tried it out. Yes the packing is more limited but they can roll in a hanging rack. The bathroom makes up for any deficiencies. If I am wrong I will buy you a drink on our next cruise together.

Edited by hulamoon

Didn't even think about the piano next door, either. :eek:

(

I never understand why people are concerned about the PH piano. The TV in any stateroom is much closer to the next door stateroom than the PH piano is to the Sky Suite next door and the volume on the TVs always start high.

I was in that cabin and I loved it! The penthouse is so big, they don't spend much time at table and the piano I didn't hear except when they tried it out. Yes the packing is more limited but they can roll in a hanging rack. The bathroom makes up for any deficiencies. If I am wrong I will buy you a drink on our next cruise together.

Thanks so much, Hulamoon! The saving grace, re: closet/storage space is that our Summit to Bermuda is just a one-week cruise. If it were a longer journey, I'd already be coming up with a back-up plan! ;) And, we shall definitely have to get together for a drink, sometime on our Infinity cruise! Looking forward to meeting you, then! :cool:

I never understand why people are concerned about the PH piano. The TV in any stateroom is much closer to the next door stateroom than the PH piano is to the Sky Suite next door and the volume on the TVs always start high.

You are absolutely right -- loud TV's (and people who use them) can be quite annoying, no matter what stateroom you're in. But, with the TV, you don't have to listen to someone try to pick out "Chopsticks" or "Heart-and-Soul" over, and over, (and over :eek:) again!! ;)

You are absolutely right -- loud TV's (and people who use them) can be quite annoying, no matter what stateroom you're in. But, with the TV, you don't have to listen to someone try to pick out "Chopsticks" or "Heart-and-Soul" over, and over, (and over :eek:) again!! ;)

No, you just have to listen US TV programmes!

I think because most connecting rooms have carpet under the conncting doors when the PH/SS have hardwood floors.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Last Feb. we had an S1 aft wrap on Eclipse and I am a heavy packer too. That closet was the smallest thing I had ever seen and I was panicking. Our lovely Butler Jose came and told me "no problems" - he then arrived with a rolling, large, garment hanger. We had plenty of room for it in an out of the way wall spot and it saved the cruise. Worry not and ask for a garment hanger. I also brought with me several 40 lbs magnetic hooks that just go on the wall to hang my evening gowns. Perfect.