What is below the main deck?

clamar

I am sailing on the Eurodam on April 26 and have booked a C outside view cabin mid ship. I know the Queens Lounge ad Culinary center are above my cabin but what is beneath it ? I have concerns about noise in the evening.

Thank you.

Also, has anyone arranged a CC Meet and Mingle and if so, is it a lot of work and what is the cost.

Thank you

Clamar

I am sailing on the Eurodam on April 26 and have booked a C outside view cabin mid ship. I know the Queens Lounge ad Culinary center are above my cabin but what is beneath it ? I have concerns about noise in the evening.

Thank you.

Also, has anyone arranged a CC Meet and Mingle and if so, is it a lot of work and what is the cost.

Thank you

Clamar

A-Deck which is mostly a crew berthing area along with some workshops, the infirmary, Crew Mess, etc.

Thank you.

Thank you

Clamar

Copper took care of your Main Deck question.

So, as to your M & M question (I still call them Meet & Greets, but it's all the same). No cost as long as you don't ask HAL to prepare and deliver the invites. If you want a bar, make sure you ask for NO host bar or the tab is yours - LOL.

How much work depends upon your outlook. HAL is very helpful at setting them up. There is some work to keeping the numbers, reminding the roll call, delivering invites, etc. In my case, I do invites and name tags, but it's not a requirement.

It's a worthwhile get together and I encourage everyone to do it.

Thanks to all who answered my question(s). How do I find out if the B B Kings are on my cruise. I thought I was safe with this cabin because I thought the Queens Lounge was a card room. HA ! Where is the disco located ? I just re-checked by cabin number and it is 1055.

This is the first time I am sailing solo. My husband and I cruised often but always booked a verandah suite on a higher deck.

I will read up on the info on the M&G and decide if it is something I would want to do.

Thanks again for all the info.

Clamar

Don't worry about noise from the disco, since you are not close to being under it. You should be all right for the Queen's Lounge, too, as you are on the outside, and that lounge curves inward with a passageway along the outside. Your cabin should be under that part.

The Queen's Lounge closes early--certainly by midnight, and usually by 11:30.

I have had many inside cabins all along that passageway on all the Vista ships, and the E-dam. I have never heard any noise from below, or above. That includes the time I was under the disco.

Your cabin is in a really nice location.

Ruth, I feel much better now that I have heard from the "Queen" of cruising. I have read all of your posts so I know your knowledge is sound. Any advice on traveling solo ?Thank you, thank you.

Clamar

Any advice on traveling solo ?

If you want to be alone, you have all the freedom to do what you want, when you want. If you want to meet others, you have to be the one to reach out, though.

Join in. Be friendly. Be outgoing (even if it's not your nature).

Check the daily program, and find things you are interested in doing (or not so interested, but go to meet up with people). Join a trivia team. When going to a lecture or show, find a seat and strike up a conversation with those sitting nearby. If you can manage to climb on a barstool, do that instead of sitting at a table alone. People at the bar tend to chat with each other.

You will find yourself running into the same people over again.

Have fun!

Often HAL has organized events for people traveling solo from lunches with tables set aside in the MDR to cocktail parties - these will be listed in the daily program. Have a friend who always attends the solo events and has met some wonderful people. Plus you may be surprised at how many single passengers are there.