What can you do if you see a price drop after you have booked?

Lyneham1

I'm fairly new to CC and have seen mentions of this in various threads so would like to try and make it clear what my options are.

If you see a price drop on a cruise that you have booked (online in my case) is there anything that you can do to get the reduced rate?

Does it make a difference if it is before final payment is due or if it happens after you have already made final payment?

Thanks

If the price drops drops before final payment date, you can call RCCL or TA and you will be able to cancel and rebook at the current rate. If you are after final payment, you will not get any $$ back or OBC. It is my understanding that the best you can hope for is an upgrade if a cabin above yours drops at or below the price of your current cabin. These are the rules for USA/Canada bookings - might be different for UK & other international.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

I'm fairly new to CC and have seen mentions of this in various threads so would like to try and make it clear what my options are.

If you see a price drop on a cruise that you have booked (online in my case) is there anything that you can do to get the reduced rate?

Does it make a difference if it is before final payment is due or if it happens after you have already made final payment?

Thanks

Royal will usually grant price drops if it's before final payment date. Contact whoever booked your cruise to ask for the drop.

After final payment, no credit or refund of any kind.

Thanks

The other posters have explained the policy, but I just wanted to add that it's the DATE final payment is due that determines whether you can get a price drop or not, even if you decide to make final payment early.

In other words, if you decide to make payments along the way, or make final payment before it's due, then there is a price drop before the final payment DATE, you can still get the price adjustment.

If the price drops drops before final payment date, you can call RCCL or TA and you will be able to cancel and rebook at the current rate. If you are after final payment, you will not get any $$ back or OBC. It is my understanding that the best you can hope for is an upgrade if a cabin above yours drops at or below the price of your current cabin. These are the rules for USA/Canada bookings - might be different for UK & other international.

It's not necessary to cancel and re-book. When you (or TA) call, it' just a simple adjustment to your existing booking. After the final payment date, if a higher category of cabin drops in price, you can upgrade. This May we upgraded from a D1 to a JS on FOS about 3 weeks out from the cruise for $134.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just remember that some online TA's and websites might charge you to do a price adjustment. This is not something Royal dictates, but something that some of them do because they can. A hedge against lost commission I guess.

About two weeks ago, I noticed the promenade staterooms were the same price as the interior stateroom I was presently booked in. I called and asked if I could move into one of the available promenade staterooms, expecting a price increase, but I was moved without any problem and actually refunded $17. That was three weeks before the cruise also.

The rules if you book with an Australian TA or RCI Australia are different to the US rules. If you book in Australia they will not apply the new rate. They may allow you to cancel and rebook but possibly at the cost of some of the new benefits.

When I rang, I spoke with an American... now they don't want to help at all with my booking (called to try make a payment) a few weeks ago

Called yesterday to the Australian number to have a price reduction applied.

Its frustrating when there are different rules, they should just have the same ones. :) But it's not so bad

I noticed a price drop after our deposit was paid. I rang our TA, who checked for us and said RC wouldn't pass on the saving.

Our TA said if we cancelled and rebooked we wouldn't get the special as it was for new customers only. Also we would probably lose the interconnecting rooms we wanted.