Pacific Princess

Ugaaucruisers

We are planning an Alaska cruise for 2015. Would love any information/tips/advice from previous Pacific Princess cruisers. Does anyone know why the balcony cabins on deck 6 at the front of the ship are considered obstructed? I have searched Cruise Critic reviews and can't find any information. We are excited about cruising with Princess, Alaska and cruising on a small ship. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Laura:)

As you can see, the balconies are "cut out of the hull." Not an extension of the hull as seen on newer/bigger ships. You won't have the same view when sitting down.

Is that true of the aft balconies also? We have an aft suite on the Pacific Princess and have not seen any pictures.

Yes - aft balconies are cut out of the hull as well. We are booked in an Owner's Suite on the Pacific Princess for a fall French Polynesia cruise for our 40th. While we'd prefer the plexi to the hull we're very eager to try a smaller ship experience and, of course, seeing French Polynesia.

Here's a photo of Pacific Princess that I found on the internet, showing the aft "hull" balconies for Decks 6, 7 and 8.

On each deck, the two balcony sections that are seen on either side are connected and belong to each of the Owner's Suites (two per deck).

In the center are the two aft balcony staterooms. You can see the divider in between the two balconies.

16129302927_3372563456.jpg

Is that true of the aft balconies also? We have an aft suite on the Pacific Princess and have not seen any pictures.

We had 6088 in Alaska and had no trouble seeing the view while seated. The steel is low enough to see out. The plexi balconies seem to always be in need of cleaning so, in my opinion, obstruct view as well. The Aft Owner's Suites on Pacific are the nicest suites we have ever had. Food and service on PP is a cut above as well. We would happily book Pacific Princess again.

We spent 2 weeks on the Pacific in Alaska. It was our favorite cruise, we love the small ships. Service was excellent and you will get to know the staff and entertainers. A cruise on this ship is a lot more personal. As long as you do not need 10 Bars to choose from you should enjoy.

Pat

Thanks! We can't wait!

And we don't even need 1 bar to choose from to enjoy cruising! To us it's about scenery, relaxation, and time together. We don't need booze to appreciate those things and find with less booze we both enjoy and remember them better, too! :- )

Jim Avery -

Any noise from the public space below? I would expect not but thought I'd ask.

I'm Jim, but not Jim Avery... ;)

We were in 6088 last month (and have been in the aft balcony 6093 several times) and there is practically no noise from the dining room below. The only time we've heard anything is on the last night when they crank up the sound system for the parade of the Baked Alaska. I can deal with 5 minutes of that considering the great cabin location.

Edited by shellbeachjim

• 4 weeks later...
View from cabin 6016. No steel or plexiglass to obstruct view. Our sons were in a cabin above us and I believe the lower half of their railing was solid steel.

[ATTACH]337303[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the picture....we are booked in 6017...starboard....just wonder if you felt the swells....or was it smooth sailing in this forward cabin....it appears to be above the cabaret lounge....was that a problem related to noise?

appreciate the input....planning on making this cabin our home for several months!

We had 6088 in Alaska and had no trouble seeing the view while seated. The steel is low enough to see out. The plexi balconies seem to always be in need of cleaning so, in my opinion, obstruct view as well. The Aft Owner's Suites on Pacific are the nicest suites we have ever had. Food and service on PP is a cut above as well. We would happily book Pacific Princess again.

Jim- we had the same cabin last September on the Ocean Princess. Here is the balcony. To see over it you can use an upright chair as Carol is doing as we sail away from port. Out of shot are two teak loungers and a teak side table .

15588866392_f7614efef5_c.jpg

OP- I hope this helps.

Norris

We are currently booked in cabin 3015 on the Pacific Princess. We are looking at changing cabins to 6004, 6006, 7006, 7005(ocean view that are the first cabins on the ship). Also, looking at deck 4 but a little worried about being near the medical center.

Would really appreciate any opinions on these choices....by the way these are the only ocean views available other than the obstructed cabins on 6 which we really don't want.

Thanks for the help!!!

Thanks for the picture....we are booked in 6017...starboard....just wonder if you felt the swells....or was it smooth sailing in this forward cabin....it appears to be above the cabaret lounge....was that a problem related to noise?

appreciate the input....planning on making this cabin our home for several months!

I was in 6001, one of the front balconies a few months back. You could hear some noise from the Cabaret, but very little (Polynesian drums for example).

However, the cabins at the very front is right over the anchor winch. If you stop at a tender port where they anchor, you will get a lot of noise when the anchor is being lowered or raised. Very loud. Those on the side , even the once close to the front are probably far enough away to escape that. I would expect that all four of the cabins at the very front on Deck 6 and maybe deck 7 would be impacted (2 balconies and 2 suites on each deck). I know people on all three decks would come out of their cabins onto the balcony when the anchor was being raised and lowered.

Edited by RDC1

We are currently booked in cabin 3015 on the Pacific Princess. We are looking at changing cabins to 6004, 6006, 7006, 7005(ocean view that are the first cabins on the ship). Also, looking at deck 4 but a little worried about being near the medical center.

Would really appreciate any opinions on these choices....

3015 is in a very quiet area of the ship. There is no noise from above and the only people in the hallway are those in that section of cabins and the people that service the cabins.

The inside of then cabin is the same as any other ocean view and the view out the porthole is a nice one.

Here are pictures from a cabin in that group:

175031129_00211_09.04PacificPrincesscabin3023100_4368.jpg.9653c1fae3bc78fa2f4f8304b634000d.jpg

336871674_00411_09.04PacificPrincesscabin3023100_4369.jpg.ebbd84c907e1a6eb8de5d354ee387d73.jpg

1709453194_03211_09.10Cabin3023portholeviewofseanearYalta100_5543.jpg.9fcbd4d004d99ff7ade9eaf676b362e6.jpg

3015 is in a very quiet area of the ship. There is no noise from above and the only people in the hallway are those in that section of cabins and the people that service the cabins.

The inside of then cabin is the same as any other ocean view and the view out the porthole is a nice one.

Here are pictures from a cabin in that group:

Thanks Great photos!