Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 04

pierces

Enjoyed the nice snow pictures and the fun bird visual.

It's now less than 24 hours till we depart on Delta Air early Saturday am, Columbus to Atlanta to Barbados. Board the ship mid-day on Sunday. Got to print out my boarding passes next. Not yet totally packed, but getting closer, finalizing some work stuff, finishing and taking care of other business, etc. This gets me thinking of and playing this week two of my favorite songs:

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" as written by John Denver and recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary. It went on to become PP&M's biggest hit, #1 on the Billboard charts and one of the ultimate #1 single of the 1960s. It had these great words:

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

But the dawn is breaking, it's early morning

I'm leaving on a jetplane

I don't know when I'll be back again"

But, the good news, I won't be leaving my wife; she'll be along!!

Then, there is the famed song that Frank Sinatra made famous with some of these words:

"Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

It is perfect for a flying honeymoon"

Love that music and the thrill of taking off, looking forward to adventure, etc.

Below are a few fun pictures from our Virginia fun on Monday.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 94,667 views for this posting.

It was super sunny in Virginia last weekend. Got up into the 50'sF in temperature. Made things so much nicer with this sunshine. Here's a leafy holly tree with great berries and texture!:

Jan15AA34_zps7aa3ac94.jpg

It's always fun seeing our two grandsons in Virginia. Here are four of my photo samples from that visit. One is now two and a half years old. The other is four years old (plus about four months). He just started pre-school this week. Wonderful to see their growth and development!! Am today doing enlargements on these pictures in order to have them posted and up in the room/suite during our 26-day cruise adventure.:

Jan15AA32_zps316ad7e1.jpg

Jan15AA31_zps1f6973d7.jpg

Jan15AA33_zps70add0ff.jpg

Jan15AA30_zpsf0ef9f7b.jpg

Sunny does help. It is hard to deal with the cold. We had several days during this past week. The Midwest grey and cold. Boring and bland. It will be a high of 84F or 28.9C in Barbados during the next couple of days. The low tonight will be 75F or 23.9C. We can deal with those "challenges".

Landed ahead of time in Barbados. Got settled, went to the beach for sunset, had dinner, etc. This is our first time on this island (really for all of the Caribbean). Below are a few visual samples. Getting on our ship Sunday afternoon.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 46,659 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

As we walked to the nearby beach, here was colorful flower. Then, here is my beach sunset picture from our first time in Barbados.:

JanBarbadosA1_zpsrztk46ar.jpg

JanBarbadosA2_zpsqxdjdjd6.jpg

Got to have some food??!! Here is the sign for this "local" place nearby to our hotel. Then, these are some of the samples on fish "puppy" pre-dinner dish. Beer? Yes, it's the local brew. Then a fish wrap for dinner. Not fancy, but worked well for us.:

JanBarbadosA6_zpsda8erkvf.jpg

JanBarbadosA3_zpskmlrunpz.jpg

JanBarbadosA4_zpseqcrfnfr.jpg

JanBarbadosA5_zpsewagedrf.jpg

Lots of really beautiful photos on this thread. The snow photos are beautiful but I'd rather see them than be in them. I don't care for the snow and winter's chill. Bring the spring and summer quickly. :)

Edited by Cruiser Forever

Just got back from our cruise on Carnival Liberty. We spent 2 days in Florida prior. These guys taking flight on the beach are called black skimmers (yes, had to look 'em up):

Cruise2015_013-XL.jpg

Nicely Done!

Dave

• 1 month later...