Are the Portions In Blu Super Small?

bvocruise

The only time you would have rabbit food is if you order it. Feel free to order a New York strip as an appetizer, then another for the main course and as the grand finale, have yet another!

:D

I looked at menus and pictures from the main dining room and may switch as the food sounds good. They offer an amazing onion soup and also have potatoes. Blue does not offer any kind of potatoes (at least that I could find) for breakfast or dinner. 11 days without potatoes would give me the shakes.

I looked at menus and pictures from the main dining room and may switch as the food sounds good. They offer an amazing onion soup and also have potatoes. Blue does not offer any kind of potatoes (at least that I could find) for breakfast or dinner. 11 days without potatoes would give me the shakes.

One can order Onion soup in BLU...I did a few times....one just has to ask in many occasions!

I figured that is why they don't serve it in Blu. It is not healthy clean spa type food.

No idea why people think it is healthy spa food...I would not consider it that! I just know it was very good.....and my clothes were tight when we left after the 12 night Med cruise

We have done 7 cruises in Blu predominantly 14 night cruises and have never been anything other than full at the end of it. Over around 80 nights in the last 2 year I have probably had room for 2 deserts despit sticking to fish dishes. My wife generally asks for cut down versions of main courses. If it is steak she asks for a slice rather than the regular potion but she usually manages a desert.

I also don't know where people get the impression that Blu food is healthier or smaller. I think the website calls it 'clean' cuisine (is the other cuisine dirty?:eek:). Not sure what that is even supposed to mean.

We have never had a problem overall with portion size, and honestly I don't recall reading many statements from people saying they did (occasionally, but not all that often). There is the occasional dish that might be smaller than another, but DH and I are big eaters (with waistlines to prove it:p) and we always leave more than full. Someone mentioned them being a little light on the vegetables. That may be so, but that is what we encountered in the MDR also.

I personally see no need to order multiple entrees to make sure I am full - if someone wants to do it that is their prerogative, but a simple question of the waiter will usually get you all the info you need. Unless they are brand new, they are very familiar with all the different choices and will always tell you what is good that day, and what is not as good, and serving size if you want to know.

The portions were mostly on the small side

Except the lamb chops good sized portion

Ex. 3 little stuffed pasta shells with meatballs size of ping pong balls inside

Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We love Blu. The portions aren't that small and, as said above, order more if you want it. Stuff that I wouldn't ordinarily eat was very well prepared in Blu. E.g., I don't generally like Ahi tuna, except in Blu, where it was delicious. As previously mentioned, the short ribs are outstanding, you can get onion soup - with cheese, etc. We thought the food was better in Blu than in the Tuscan Grill this summer on Equinox. The only thing I would add to what has been said by others is this- try things you would not ordinarily eat, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Ohiodoglover

If you want potatoes then just order them - we had the steak one night in Blu and I just fancied some chips with it so they brought us a bowl of them for my husband and I to share - they are very happy to help you & get used to your preferences - just sit back, relax and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want potatoes then just order them - we had the steak one night in Blu and I just fancied some chips with it so they brought us a bowl of them for my husband and I to share - they are very happy to help you & get used to your preferences - just sit back, relax and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep morale of the story? Just ASK!!!!