Games to explore the ship

cherski

Our group of 12 will be on the Oasis 3/14/15 and I want to provide a game for them each day that will get them to explore the ship. Think Amazing Race without the stress.

The concept is that each cabin will have a day to complete challenge which should take less than an hour. Then meet at a different bar each evening for cocktails, answers, and next day's challenge.

This is what I have so far:

1) I took 26 pictures around the ship the last time we were on the Oasis. They have to match them to a location.

2) Collect receipts from as many bars as possible.

3) Find crew from different countries.

4) Oasis Trivia (from last cruise)

5) Mini golf tournament.

They can also earn bonus points for participating in ship activities.

I could really use two more ideas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It would not be used for a one day event but a great way to get them to explore/participate in activities would be this. The Cruise Director has a film staff that records various events and activities throughout the duration of the cruise. The compilation video is usually available on the last day. Give bonus points to whichever team can get themselves in the video the most times.

It would not be used for a one day event but a great way to get them to explore/participate in activities would be this. The Cruise Director has a film staff that records various events and activities throughout the duration of the cruise. The compilation video is usually available on the last day. Give bonus points to whichever team can get themselves in the video the most times.

Great idea since we will be getting the DVD anyway.

They have "small wonders" on Allure and Oasis - on Allure you can get a list with locations at Guest Services - I assume you can get this on Oasis also. Some are telescopic items where you look inside to see something else. You could have a scavenger type hunt to find and photograph all of them - they are located all over the ships. :D

A list is shown in post #194 on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45238183

Edited by nancronin

Create a sequence of numbers from photographs taken on the ship, ie take photos of a 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 etc (1-10 would be too easy, you could use the elevator). Bonus points for completeness.

Besides elevators, where would we find numbers?

They had a scavenger hunt game on my very first Oasis cruise that I haven't seen since. It was to find all the looking glasses around the ship, mark their locations on a map, and provide the correct number. That might be a good idea for you, and it's a game that can last the entire week.

Besides elevators, where would we find numbers?

That's part of the fun, numbers are everywhere: Menus, Cabin numbers, ID numbers for things like lifeboats.

It also depends on the sequence of numbers, you could use multiples of 3 (3,6,9,12,15,18,21 . . .) or powers of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,64,128 . . .), or something really esoteric like Fibonacci numbers (1,1,2,3,5,8,13. . .).

That's part of the fun, numbers are everywhere: Menus, Cabin numbers, ID numbers for things like lifeboats.

It also depends on the sequence of numbers, you could use multiples of 3 (3,6,9,12,15,18,21 . . .) or powers of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,64,128 . . .), or something really esoteric like Fibonacci numbers (1,1,2,3,5,8,13. . .).

Gotcha!

Since the ship sails on Pi, Fibonacci would be perfect! 60% of the cabins have Math Majors.

Gotcha!

Since the ship sails on Pi, Fibonacci would be perfect! 60% of the cabins have Math Majors.

OK, if there is a high geek quotient in your group the challenge should be:

Take a picture of as many different Fibonacci numbers as you can. Bonus points for completeness, extra bonus points for using different "sources", ie using the elevator for 1,2,3,5 &8 doesn't count as much as the elevator,a deck sign, a clock and a lifeboat.

cherski, this sounds like a fun cruise for your group! How about a challenge that has your group find the "lucky coins", located on Deck 14 of Oasis: http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/oa/oa_close.htm. :cool:

Here is a bit more info about the coins, from RCI's blog:

Whether you're a first time cruiser with Royal Caribbean or a veteran, there's always something to be learned and we love to share tips, secrets and little tricks for your next cruise. Today we're going to share a great spot if you want to get away from the crowd on Oasis of the Seas. Once aboard, if you want a great spot for sailaway or just somewhere to go to escape people (and with well over 5,000 people onboard, there's a lot of people!), then this tip is for you.

Go to the port side of deck 14 and walk all the way to the end of the hall and then take a right and go to the end of that hall. At the end of the hall, you will find a door leading out to this special spot. Once outside, you will find yourself on a secluded deck that is on top of the ship's bridge and one deck below the Solarium.

This door is the only way in or out so it's not easily found by other passengers and it's a great place to come and get some space. We've found this to be a great place for sunbathing, sailaway or just enjoying some quiet time. Since there's very few people here usually, it's quite pleasant.

As an added bonus, there's one more secret to this secret deck. In addition to being a secluded spot, it also is home to a piece of Royal Caribbean history. When Oasis of the Seas was built, one of the first things the crew did was to add a number of "lucky coins" to the ship's keel, as part of maritime tradition. These lucky coins are held in a cabinet that is welded to the ship and has a small commemorative plaque.

On a recent Brilliance cruise I sat behind a group of ladies in the theater who were having a scavenger hunt. The organizer had researched scavenger hunts online to get some ideas. Each person had 3 or 4 things to do each day of the cruise and they met each evening to see who completed the tasks.

One lady had to buy a drink for someone they didn't know-and I was the lucky one that got the free drink! :)(She asked me to sign the back of the paper she was using to prove she did it!)

cherski, this sounds like a fun cruise for your group! How about a challenge that has your group find the "lucky coins", located on Deck 14 of Oasis: http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/oa/oa_close.htm. :cool:

Here is a bit more info about the coins, from RCI's blog:

Whether you're a first time cruiser with Royal Caribbean or a veteran, there's always something to be learned and we love to share tips, secrets and little tricks for your next cruise. Today we're going to share a great spot if you want to get away from the crowd on Oasis of the Seas. Once aboard, if you want a great spot for sailaway or just somewhere to go to escape people (and with well over 5,000 people onboard, there's a lot of people!), then this tip is for you.

Go to the port side of deck 14 and walk all the way to the end of the hall and then take a right and go to the end of that hall. At the end of the hall, you will find a door leading out to this special spot. Once outside, you will find yourself on a secluded deck that is on top of the ship's bridge and one deck below the Solarium.

This door is the only way in or out so it's not easily found by other passengers and it's a great place to come and get some space. We've found this to be a great place for sunbathing, sailaway or just enjoying some quiet time. Since there's very few people here usually, it's quite pleasant.

As an added bonus, there's one more secret to this secret deck. In addition to being a secluded spot, it also is home to a piece of Royal Caribbean history. When Oasis of the Seas was built, one of the first things the crew did was to add a number of "lucky coins" to the ship's keel, as part of maritime tradition. These lucky coins are held in a cabinet that is welded to the ship and has a small commemorative plaque.

Cool! I had no idea this existed plus the web site was really interesting. I will probably make this a bonus for the last day. Until then, it will be a place for me to hide out from them.

On a recent Brilliance cruise I sat behind a group of ladies in the theater who were having a scavenger hunt. The organizer had researched scavenger hunts online to get some ideas. Each person had 3 or 4 things to do each day of the cruise and they met each evening to see who completed the tasks.

One lady had to buy a drink for someone they didn't know-and I was the lucky one that got the free drink! :)(She asked me to sign the back of the paper she was using to prove she did it!)

Reminded me to Google cruise ship scavenger hunt and I hit the jackpot. Thanks for the idea.

1) I took 26 pictures around the ship the last time we were on the Oasis. They have to match them to a location.

Didn't Oasis recently go through dry dock? Are you sure the locations you took pictures of on your last trip are still exist?

Didn't Oasis recently go through dry dock? Are you sure the locations you took pictures of on your last trip are still exist?

Good point but ... We were on the TA right after the dry dock so we should be okay.