Queen Victoria World Cruise 2015 almost live!

jo-b

Wonderful photos of our Nassau arrival thanks a lot! End of the first leg and we have survived, even more importantly according the scales in the gym, no weight gain!

Blog should have been updated today

Hi

We have reached LA or to be more accurate San Pedro, there is a shuttle to Long Beach where at last we have found some decent wifi!

Immigration was a little better than Fort Lauderdale, officers came onboard so although it was late starting and the line at first spread over two decks by 10 am they were on the loudspeakers asking the last few to attend.

I hope the blog is updated as we go along it is a little quicker than this site!

Hi

We have reached LA or to be more accurate San Pedro, there is a shuttle to Long Beach where at last we have found some decent wifi!

Immigration was a little better than Fort Lauderdale, officers came onboard so although it was late starting and the line at first spread over two decks by 10 am they were on the loudspeakers asking the last few to attend.

I hope the blog is updated as we go along it is a little quicker than this site!

Hi Jo-b, we thought we had lost you.....blog is still in guatamala and we were getting worried!~ Good luck in La...Ive enjoyed the posts that we have been published, keep 'em coming.

regards

[quote name='roscoe39']Hi Jo-b, we thought we had lost you.....blog is still in guatamala and we were getting worried!~ Good luck in La...Ive enjoyed the posts that we have been published, keep 'em coming.

regards[/QUOTE]

No chance we are still here. Today in a cold and misty San Fransisco, but with wifi on the ferry to Alcatraz! I will update the blog tomorrow if they let us out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aloha from a beautifully sunny Honolulu. Cruise still going well other than lots of moans about slow internet. Food still too good cutbacks will have to be made!

Weather had been fine the last couple of days but the dead still quite lumpy. Another 4 or 5 days at sea to follow before Apia, we lose a day so probably only 4.

I will try and update the blog after today's adventures, thank you Apple for the free wifi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's such a joy to hear from you, jo-b, and so kind of you to post here where we can see it. I absolutely thirst for info on the ship but in less than two weeks, I'll be on the Queen Victoria and can see for myself. Keep that info coming....I lap up every word :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there everyone we are finally in a place with wifi!!!!

The island s have been very interesting and VERY steamy but no internet availability we could find before we were too tired to care!

Brisbane is warm and sunny but not humid and has loads of free wifi so a good chance to catch up.

All still going well, we now have a film crew onboard for an Australian breakfast show so that will be interesting. We have just begun to run out of some foodstuffs before restocking in Sydney, strawberries, mango, and camomile tea! However the chances of starving are minimal, although frostbite is a possibility the aircon is a little on the doughty side other than the pub which is warm but it is raining in there as there are leaks from the Aircon.

Nothing to stop us enjoying ourselves though;) although the complainers will be having a ball. Dress code is the current gripe, when 1000 get off in Sydney and our more relaxed antipodal relatives get on there will be even more muttering about no jackets on the dance floor maybe!

Blog is updated to yesterday hope there is still someone out there looking at it!

I've read every word of your blog, jo-b, and in less than 24 hours I'll be on a plane heading to the ship in Sydney. I look forward to meeting you and giving you your well-deserved accolades in person.

Hi
Well a wonderful visit in Sydney and the fireworks as QM2 left were spectacular.

We have all been watching the awful news about Vanuatu with horror it seems so much more real when you have seen the place yourself.

Because of the cyclone we have skipped Akoroa where we would have had to anchor and have come to Picton and we are leaving early to get out of the harbour safely.

And big news, the Commodore himself came to our CC meeting! Everyone was delighted and impressed he had made the effort.

We are jumping ship for two days in Wellington to visit relatives and will rejoin in Auckland for the World Cruise dinner at the War Memorial.

[QUOTE]Because of the cyclone we have skipped Akoroa where we would have had to anchor and have come to Picton and we are leaving early to get out of the harbour safely.
[/QUOTE]

Also applies to the QM2 according to this article:

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6245[/url]