Steak Tartare and Lobster

123kitties

Just off Millennium. Had steak tartar in the MDR and was NOT impressed. Mayonnaise has no role to play in the dish and yet it was used as a base. Beef was over-processed to a mushy state. I would have been better off with a raw hamburger patty from the pool grill and a sunny side up egg. Don't remember seeing lobster in the MDR but we didn't eat there every night.

We did not have steak tartare in Dec 2014 over our 16 days. The lobster looked and smelled awful - plenty of better choices.

HOWEVER, beef carpacio was offered one night as an appetizer and was outstanding. So much that I asked our waiter to set one aside for me for desert!!!!

Except on the 3 or so Summit Sailings in New England, where they actually source the Lobster locally, YEAH! And it's pretty cheap (anyone can buy it within a SHORT walking distance of the boat for less than $3.99/lb).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Except on the 3 or so Summit Sailings in New England, where they actually source the Lobster locally, YEAH! And it's pretty cheap (anyone can buy it within a SHORT walking distance of the boat for less than $3.99/lb).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We did that on a cruise that stopped in Bar Harbor. We had a full lobster dinner for lunch from appetizer to dessert w a decent sized lobster (1 1/2 pounds I think) for $18.00.

DON

Beat me to it! It was so good we went back a second time on our last cruise!

FYI!

Main Lobster will be on the new Suite DR menu.

You can get Maine Lobster frozen, but it just isn't the same. It can be flown in live, but that cost some SERIOUS $$ outside the U.S.

I'm hoping that was an example and the menus will be very varied by local, at least a special or two based on location each night different than the menu.

Happy sailing,

Jenna