is a 10:30am flight too early after cruise?

robin32470

Are you cruising out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

We cruised the Breeze in July, and had a flight out of FLL at 10:50.

We did make it in plenty of time, with doing self debarkation, HOWEVER, it was a risk.

If for any reason the debarkation is delayed, you could be in trouble.

We were willing to take the risk, after having to sit at FLL for 8 hours the year before.:eek::eek:

Good Luck!!!!!!:D

Its a flight out of FLL

Are you cruising out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

We cruised the Breeze in July, and had a flight out of FLL at 10:50.

We did make it in plenty of time, with doing self debarkation, HOWEVER, it was a risk.

If for any reason the debarkation is delayed, you could be in trouble.

We were willing to take the risk, after having to sit at FLL for 8 hours the year before.:eek::eek:

Good Luck!!!!!!:D

If there are no delays with arriving in port or by Customs, and you are doing self assist or have platinum priority debarkation, you should be able to make a 10:30 flight. It would also help if you have some priority status with an airline or are flying business or first class to go through expedited lines.

However, things sometimes go wrong and you could wind up missing your flight and have penalties and an inexhorable wait on standby.

Doable? Yes

Smart? Absolutely not

Main thing to keep in mind is that if you miss your flight, your travel insurance will deny any claims. Every added expense will be out of your pocket if you book a flight outside of the cruise line's guidelines (and a 10:30am flight is outside of the guidelines).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Biggest factor is what other ships are disembarking same day. You get the Oasis and couple of other ships kicking off 12,000 people and it becomes chaos trying to get a cab and get through airport security with people trying to make the same flights.

Absolutely, in my opinion. So many crazy things can happen that may delay the arrival of the ship or customs could take forever, so on and so on.

I would never book a flight back any earlier than 6pm in my opinion. But I worry A LOT and tend to over-do everything...but sometimes it has really worked out in my favor.

Better safe than sorry. I recommend doing a later flight.

Its a flight out of FLL

I wouldn't chance it. We always seem to have long customs lines in Fort L. We had a 12:15 flight that got switched to a 10:50 flight and with self disembark and an immediate taxi to the airport as well as being expedited through security, we got to our plane right after they called last boarding using our names. It was very stressful.

If there are no delays with arriving in port or by Customs, and you are doing self assist or have platinum priority debarkation, you should be able to make a 10:30 flight. It would also help if you have some priority status with an airline or are flying business or first class to go through expedited lines.

However, things sometimes go wrong and you could wind up missing your flight and have penalties and an inexhorable wait on standby.

When I travel solo, sure 1030 is early enough. I do self assist with a shuttle ride to FLL set up for as soon as I get through customs. I never spend more than 10 or 15 minutes in security and I don't check bags when I fly, no waiting in line at the ticket counter. If you're with family memembers such as parents and small kids, I wouldn't chance it and if you don't do self assist, there's no chance. I always have backup plans if I miss the flight that would get me home the earliest and with the least stops however. I cruised on the Ecstasy last month from MIA and easily made a 1020 flight from FLL but everything had to fall right for me to make that. Always have a backup plan to your primary and realize if you miss your scheduled flight, flights from FLL on Saturday and Sunday are almost always overbooked so you might not get out until the next day.

Noon or later for me.

Let me tell you about the Carnival cruise I took out of Long Beach that returned us to San Pedro due to mechanical problems at LB.

I'm interested to hear. My cruise newbie friend and I got off the ship in long beach yesterday at 930 and were back at LAX by 1045 and we took our good old time getting a shuttle and all that. Our flight was at 1pm and we were waiting at our gate an hour and a half before departure time. How far is San Pedro from LAX? And does anyone know about the huge queue of cargo ships waiting offshore for parking in long beach? I saw it on this cruise and was told they were having issues with the staffing at the cargo port. I don't know if that was true or not.