Carnival Sky Ride: the Wave of the Future

MCFTJCH2V

Yeah, I was sitting the yesterday like probably everyone else pf5ing looking for the announcement.

What caught my eye was the Sky Rider, which brought back memories of the monorail type gizmo on the proposed 200,000 tom vessel that everyone 10 years ago, thinking that was the new Dream design. NOT.

Then thoughts of Disney Cruise Lines on board roller coaster ride.

But then reality set in. This is a bicycle type contraption? It's not self propelled?

You must pedal to move the "car"?

When I stopped laughing. I wonder if there are plans to out this on other ships?

I think it's a pretty cool idea. I'd do it. I bet there's a weight limit, though, so I'm sure we're going to have to endure howls of indignation from the "had to pay for 2 seats on Southwest" brigade who were denied entry.

EZ4 - one of the biggest, no pun intended, client bases for Carnival cruises are people that enjoy spending money on abundant food and drink... So yes, in my opinion, they should make an effort to let all mobile passengers partake in all amenities with in reason. If the weight limit on this is below 300lbs I would be shocked.

Just another passenger powered event onboard:

Call me crazy, but I REALLY like the idea. IMHO, it's nice to see offerings that keep passengers ACTIVE. There are already plenty of things where passengers can sit motionless, stuff their faces and watch the pounds pile up. :o The availability of activities and food options for a more active and fit clientele is one of the things that Carnival has been lacking, so it's nice to see a shift in that mentality.

Another step in the right direction, Carnival! I really like what I see! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Call me crazy, but I REALLY like the idea. IMHO, it's nice to see offerings that keep passengers ACTIVE. There are already plenty of things where passengers can sit motionless, stuff their faces and watch the pounds pile up. :o The availability of activities and food options for a more active and fit clientele is one of the things that Carnival has been lacking, so it's nice to see a shift in that mentality.

I agree. I would do it. :) I think Carnival has officially become the new amusement park of the seas. :D

At least the sky bike is innovative. Unlike bumper cars. Would rather do they sky bike. Sorry about you lazy bums that have a problem with the least physical activity.

Well if the person in front of me thinks they're going to take a leisurely ride, I'll just turn it into a combo sky bike/bumper car ride.

Ha, ok, just kidding but the possibilities.....:D

A few years ago, on the TV Show SharkTank, SkyRide inventor ScottyOlson pitched the idea and none of the Sharks took a bite at it. Mind you, Scotty is also the inventor of ROLLERBLADES! Season 3, Episode 313. Here is a story on it from a few years back. http://sharktanksuccess.blogspot.com/2013/02/sky-ride.html

I think Carnival has officially become the new amusement park of the seas. :D

I knew that it would be a matter of time. If you can't beat them, join them!!

A few years ago, on the TV Show SharkTank, SkyRide inventor ScottyOlson pitched the idea and none of the Sharks took a bite at it!

Ooooh! I was trying to remember where I'd seen that! I remember that episode. None of the sharks wanted a part of it! Wonder what they are thinking now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

A few years ago, on the TV Show SharkTank, SkyRide inventor ScottyOlson pitched the idea and none of the Sharks took a bite at it. Mind you, Scotty is also the inventor of ROLLERBLADES! Season 3, Episode 313. Here is a story on it from a few years back. http://sharktanksuccess.blogspot.com/2013/02/sky-ride.html

HMMMM Never heard of that town or Sky Ride Park and I live about 2 hours south. Now I have something to look into. My 14 yo son and I watched the video and we both thought it was pretty cool.

Though I was kinda hoping for something more like Zip Lines or something sending you over the edge of the ship for the thrill aspect. But I'm not against these at all. Wonder though what weather conditions it will and will not be open in.

• 4 months later...

But then reality set in. This is a bicycle type contraption? It's not self propelled?

You must pedal to move the "car"?

I'm not an engineer, but I'm pretty sure a "bicycle type contraption" that "you must pedal to move..." is in fact self propelled. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edited by theriac

Just another passenger powered event onboard. Out goes the professional entertainment, in comes the talent shows and karaoke. Next will be a stationary bike in your cabin for the lights. But they are keeping costs down!!:eek:

.....or charge $14.50 for a pina colada. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I have had the pleasure of trying Sky Ride on the inventors farm!!!! What a blast, I loved it and can't wait to ride it on the high seas!!! Hoping to get of group of friends...Maybe even Scotty and go on the inaugural voyage!!!