Deciding between RC Navigator and Allure

My husband and I are planning our next cruise on Royal Caribbean. We thought that we wanted to try one of the large ships, either Allure or Oasis. Both sail to Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten during the time we want to go. We have been to all of those places on a previous cruise and really liked them. We also have the option of sailing on the Navigator and going to some places we have never been before, Puerto Rico-St. Kitts-Haiti. My question is, do we got to places we have never been before on a smaller ship or get the big ship experience and go to places we have already been? Any advice is appreciated- about the ships as well as information on the ports. Thanks! :confused:

Depending on when you go I think Allure and Oasis often stop at Labadee as well. They wouldn't likely go to San Juan though. It's a tough call. If you haven't been to Labadee you would love that experience. Puerto Rico is also very nice for a visit.

That said, there's something special about the huge ship experience and we loved trying it once. I don't know if I'd do it all the time since it's kind of "gazaaah", but it was certainly something worth experiencing.

I think a lot of it would depend on where you're leaving from and your goals for the cruise. There are certainly benefits to either.

If you could go on a time when Oasis or Allure stop at Labadee then that would be a plus.

Tom

We've been on Allure in 2013 and Navigator in 2014. Both are great ships. The Aqua show on Allure was amazing. We spent more on Allure but really enjoyed it. We are also looking at the 8-day Navigator trip for our next cruise as the ports were new for us (St. Kitts and San Juan). There are some very attractive prices on some of those 8-day cruises. Either would be great. Tough choice but you win either way.

Such a personal decision...for me I 've sailed on Oasis..glad I did but the ports I've been to many many times...Navigator has some great (mostly new for me too) itineraries...and an 8 nighter that looks good...I actually would opt for NOS.

I haven't been on the RC Navigator, any that type of ship as yet. We really enjoyed the Oasis so much that we booked the Allure for the next year and back to the Oasis the year after. Its something I think everyone should try once. But seeing new ports of call is fun too, something I am doing coming up next :)

It is a very tough call.

My husband and I are planning our next cruise on Royal Caribbean. We thought that we wanted to try one of the large ships, either Allure or Oasis. Both sail to Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten during the time we want to go. We have been to all of those places on a previous cruise and really liked them. We also have the option of sailing on the Navigator and going to some places we have never been before, Puerto Rico-St. Kitts-Haiti. My question is, do we got to places we have never been before on a smaller ship or get the big ship experience and go to places we have already been? Any advice is appreciated- about the ships as well as information on the ports. Thanks! :confused:

With Oasis class the ship is your destination with a "smaller" ship like the Navigator you tend to go for the ports. We love the Oasis class for many reasons such as the vast entertainment options, the expansive pool area, the paradise feel of the solarium, the multiple dining options, and Central Park. The ship is an experience. You need to ask each other what you wanna do more stay on the ship all week and enjoy that or get off in the ports and explore. Either way you can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like Labadee for a nice, clean, safe beach day. There are other things to do like a killer zip line, and kind of scary roller coaster, and water sports, but we mostly chill for a while on the beach (there are cabanas and floaty mats available for extra cost). We then eat and walk around the pretty extensive craft market. It's always one of our favorite stops.

Tom

Are you kidding ??? ALLURE!!!!!!!!

I would choose Oasis / Allure as I love the bigger ships. Main reasons are:

- Quality and number of shows. The Broadway and headliner shows are SO MUCH BETTER on the Oasis class. Oasis class also has more shows such as the Cirque de Soleil style of show and AquaTheater shows.

- Crowds. The Oasis class has so much more room / more venues to spread out in. The Oasis class has the Central Park, Boardwalk, and Promenade large open areas compared to just the Promenade.

- Food. Definitely prefer all the food choices available on the Oasis class. Allure has Main Dining Room, Windjammer, Giovanni's, Johnny Rockets, Rita's Cantina, Boardwalk Dogs, Promenade Cafe, Park Cafe, Izumi, Sorentos Pizza, Chops, Solarium (Samba Grill at night), 150 Central Park, Vintages, WipeOut Cafe.

The Solarium offers a healthier menu for breakfast (free) which is nice. There are just a LOT more choices for both complimentary and specialty dining on the Oasis class.

We have not been happy with our Main Dining Room experiences on any ship the past few years and now enjoy the specialty restaurants. We feel the food and service are better and worth the up charge.

- Internet: this is an easy one... on the Allure in November I paid $136 for the mid level internet package (w/ Emerald Discount). Download speeds of about 2Mbps. The other ships don't have the high speed internet yet and prices tend to be higher. I need the Internet for some work while cruising so it is important to me. This may not be an issue for many.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can't think of anything at those three ports that you can't get better at the ones you've already been to. Labadee is a beach day unless you are interested in doing the zipline (highly recommend though $$$). I liked SanJuan for the 2 Forts but other than that I'd just as soon stay on the ship. St Kitts looked to us to be just another Caribbean island though less developed than than your previous three. I did enjoy the Fort there. Can you tell I like Forts:)

I don't think I would trade a chance to sail on the Allure with going to these three ports. But then again, that's easy for me to say since I've already been to them.

I guess it comes down to whether you have a bigger interest in seeing different ports of call or in sailing on the biggest cruise ship in the world.

1. Are you cruising to see new ports ???

2. Are you cruising to see the largest cruise ship ???

We have done the Oasis and Allure just to see the ship(s). We had been to all the ports before. The ship was the real destination...

Tomorrow we board the Navigator. Booked that because the embarkation/debarkation port was in Texas (wanted to visit sister) and we are going to a port not visited before (Roatan).

Dennis & Sue

Edited by SC_Floaters
fixed gramar

Having sailed Mariner, Freedom and then Allure.

Definetly love the Oasis class ships, it in itself is a vacation if you never leave the ship at port.

Love it

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

Let us know what u end up deciding!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will! We continue to go back and forth. We are worried about the large crowds on the bigger ships but then hate to miss an opportunity to try them just once!