ordering booze for the cabin

CanadianCrusier

If I order booze (wine, beer or hard alcohol) for delivery to our cabin prior to the start of the cruise can we take the it to other areas of the ship, including can we take a glass (not the bottle of wine) to the main dining room?

Peter

dumb question - why not take the bottle of wine to the MDR. They will keep the leftovers for you to enjoy night after night after night. Easy.

but, yes, you can take the glass in if you want. I prefer the bottle and then it is there for us.:)

If I order booze (wine, beer or hard alcohol) for delivery to our cabin prior to the start of the cruise can we take the it to other areas of the ship, including can we take a glass (not the bottle of wine) to the main dining room?

Peter

The expectation IIRC is that the hard alcohol is intended for in-cabin/on your balcony enjoyment.

Edited by CowPrincess

dumb question - why not take the bottle of wine to the MDR. They will keep the leftovers for you to enjoy night after night after night. Easy.

but, yes, you can take the glass in if you want. I prefer the bottle and then it is there for us.:)

Leftover wine? What's that? I don't understands. 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leftover wine? What's that? I don't understands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leftover wine is what you have in your cabin - LOL.

I thought you might want some wine in the dining room every night. That being the case, it is much nicer to have a bottle there and not be taking a glass.

You can certainly imbibe in another bottle that you have in your cabin.

Just a suggestion.

edited to say, we order Grey Goose for our cabin and our guests, but to the best of my knowledge any hard liquor you order is for in cabin consumption.

A bottle of wine would never be questioned if it is what HAL sells. And is a non issue.

Edited by kazu

@ Quendryth

I believe you can purchase a(nother) bottle from most if not any bar. This came up in a discussion of obtaining a brand known to be on a particular ship, but not on the website's indulgences list. The cost may or may not be equivalent, though: that 15% added gratuity may rear its head for one (on-board) and not the other (how quickly I have forgotten! I pre-ordered a bottle of rum in November...).

We always pre-order alcohol for the cabin.

We drink it only in the cabin/verandah. We never make drinks in the cabin and then take it someplace else.

When you pre-order alcohol on line, the price you see includes the 15% gratuity.

Once on the ship you can order a bottle of alcohol from any bar -- it will be delivered to your cabin. You don't even have to go to the bar -- just call room service. They will add on the 15% gratuity. If you order while you are still in a Florida port, they will add on Florida's tax as well.

Alcohol ordered to your cabin is intended for use in the cabin only. However, if you order beer, and wander around the ship carrying one, nobody is going to know whether it came from the bar or your personal supply in your cabin.

If you pre-order online, you do not pay the additional Florida tax.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

You didn't need to call the OP's question dumb.

I wasn't calling the OP's question dumb - I think you misread or misinterpreted or I wasn't clear enough.

I was saying my question was dumb - translation - I have a dumb question - why not take the bottle of wine to the MDR.

I don't think I have ever called anyone's question dumb on these boards and I certainly am not about to start now.

Often a poster will say they have a dumb question to ask. If a poster wants to be self deprecating and call their own question dumb then why should that upset you?

I sometimes say I have a dumb question and shall continue to do so.

Dumb question. Why does that upset you? :confused:

Edited by sapper1

The proverbial storm in a glass of water! You're misinterpreting what she's saying! She's identifying her own question to the OP - "why not take the bottle of wine to the MDR" - as dumb.

I have had success ordering the alcohol ahead of time online. I have made drinks for the room and occasionally taken one with my book to a deck chair in some quiet spot, as we prefer the quiet of an interior cabin and have no private deck to visit. No one seems to care. My favorite is to have a drink in the room while we clean up from the shore visits before dinner. It seems to be very refreshing then.