Benefits and Downsides of Havana Cabanas and Rooms In This Area

funcruiser1234

LOL. I'm short, and it could be argued that even I could jump that fence. I think a bigger concern might be a small child getting their arm or head stuck in that fencing and being injured.

Or,similarly someone that has had too many ice teas and drunkenly climbs on it/trips and falls over it resulting in a head injury.

The positive with these on the social side is if you have friendly neighbours 'gatherings on cabanas' could become a lovely thing whereas if your neighbours are idiots then you have put up with seeing them when you come outside.

Or,similarly someone that has had too many ice teas and drunkenly climbs on it/trips and falls over it resulting in a head injury.

The positive with these on the social side is if you have friendly neighbours 'gatherings on cabanas' could become a lovely thing whereas if your neighbours are idiots then you have put up with seeing them when you come outside.

There are many positive things about this area of the ship. You're right it does depend on the neighbors and other cruisers. As long as everyone is respectful nobody should have anything to worry about (if only it was this easy).

I am booked in a Havana Cabana and i read that this area will have mobile partition walls. The only people that have access outside the lanais are supposed to use a room key to enter. Hopefully that is how it is but if not I will be keeping the gate to my lanai closed and if I find somebody on my lanai they will be reported to security and hopefully spend some time in the brig :)

I am booked in a Havana Cabana and i read that this area will have mobile partition walls. The only people that have access outside the lanais are supposed to use a room key to enter. Hopefully that is how it is but if not I will be keeping the gate to my lanai closed and if I find somebody on my lanai they will be reported to security and hopefully spend some time in the brig :)

what / where did you read that?

I have seen multiple sources say that. This is a private pool for the Havana Cabanas until 5pm but when they open it up to the rest of the ship passengers not staying in a cabana will still not have access to the area with the balconys. John Heald even mentioned it in a facebook post.

Survey: Would You Book These Rooms? Yes or No

NO!!!

I stayed in a similar room on HAL because on that particular ship, it was the only non-suite balcony option. I will not do it again. I did not like the total lack of privacy and having to keep my drapes closed at night.

i bet after a few sailings they'll put little signs on the railings like they do at half moon cay :eek: :D

763a3d52-3dd8-441f-a94f-9b19ad78b956_zpse1d46607.jpg

...because those work so well for the cabanas. :( The last two times we had one people would just walk up and use the shower.

Apparently it was mentioned at the event. Key card access to the patio area. Evening pool access is via the Havana Bar...

This is precisely what I was expecting. Thank you.

No way were they just gonna allow any and everyone to traipse past your private balcony/lanai. It would be ridiculous and totally defeat the purpose.

This is precisely what I was expecting. Thank you.

No way were they just gonna allow any and everyone to traipse past your private balcony/lanai. It would be ridiculous and totally defeat the purpose.

If my memory serves correctly, the spa pool also requires the use of a ship card's magnetic strip, as well as the wristbands.

We see this on Royal Caribbean where lowly passengers are bribing those who are Diamond or higher to bring them into the Diamond lounge. We see this at hotels that offer Club- and Executive-level privileges. Restricting to only one measure of security (magnetic strip) only proves to be useless.

If my memory serves correctly, the spa pool also requires the use of a ship card's magnetic strip, as well as the wristbands.

We see this on Royal Caribbean where lowly passengers are bribing those who are Diamond or higher to bring them into the Diamond lounge. We see this at hotels that offer Club- and Executive-level privileges. Restricting to only one measure of security (magnetic strip) only proves to be useless.

Yes, you're right and I completely understand that. But this is a start at least and I am now expecting wristbands to be used for this area for identification. Maybe Carnival will adopt the Magic Bands/WOW Bands used by Disney and RCI. Would kill two birds with one stone. Room access and identification.

I initially was imagining a scenario where the Havana Cabanas were literally part of the entire Lanai. So the entire ship could be walking past your room and have access to your patio at any time. I also like that when its opened to the public after 5, the only way to get there would be through the Havana Bar. Again, no unnecessary people have to walk past your room.

I'll say for the most part just the opposite. If it has limited access, most won't know about it and those that do won't try to get in. A few people getting past the goalie won't make it useless.

It's the back of the boat.

How many people on the fantasy class ships don't use the outside dining area off the Lido? It's almost always open and has wide open access. Great view and....me and a friend or two share it to ourselves.

People are creatures of habit. They won't start off there as it will take some effort and then they'll find their "area" and that "area" won't be in off limit sections.

Edited by fuddrules

"Some time in the brig"? Don't count on that.That is not going to happen,

I would probably do the same thing, but instead of time in the brig I would hope they get thrown off in the next port if they were intentionally on the balcony knowing it was not theirs. I understand that accidents or mistakes can happen.

Will the outside patio gates have room numbers?

Otherwise, people may accidentally go to the wrong patio.

Edited by thecruiserofships

• 11 months later...

We have booked a Havana Cabana but never saw anything about a 5pm restriction. What are the details on this? I thought that the entire area was fully restricted to the passengers staying in this area?

Thanks for your information! Clearly, I missed something! :)

We have booked a Havana Cabana but never saw anything about a 5pm restriction. What are the details on this? I thought that the entire area was fully restricted to the passengers staying in this area?

Thanks for your information! Clearly, I missed something! :)

Read this link:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/789/~/carnival-vista-(vs)-havana-experience-and-staterooms

• 1 month later...

Do you think that people in the Havana Cabanas will be able to take their loungers out of their patio and put closer to the railing overseeing the water?

I would love a Havana Cabana but booked a Havana Balcony since nothing was open. I am flexible with my dates (January - March) but was only able to get an aft balcony on Deck 6 for Havana, which looks over the actual Havana area.

My husband wondered about bar service at the balcony....

We are on deck 5

I think all of us on deck 5 that have the patio/lanai's are hoping that bar service will be available. That would be heaven; Mocha Chocolate Getaways without leaving my lounge chair on my patio! Of course if I HAVE to walk, it's not too far.:)

I am on Deck 6 in Havana Balcony in March for six nights but hopong to move to eight nights on deck 5 for January-February. If I get to Deck 5, I can tell you I would definately tip nicely first day and hope for the best. I did that on Breeze last month and Melody always served me quickly no matter what the wait was and never had to give my order.

We are in the first Cabana cabin next to the pool area. I never even thought of the possibility of waitstaff servicing the lanais, but if that's even a possibility, I'm even more excited!!

JS I see you asked about pulling the loungers over to the water's edge, but not sure it's going to help, as it appears that there is a plexiglass wall/windowed area in front of the lanai's on the water side of the promenade. Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but you'd be up against the railing but in front of glass....so to speak. Not really overlooking the water. I think we'll have to wait and see what the actual view is once it starts sailing.

We are in the first Cabana cabin next to the pool area. I never even thought of the possibility of waitstaff servicing the lanais, but if that's even a possibility, I'm even more excited!!

We're certainly hoping they'll have waiter service to the lanais during the day, would be smart for the bartenders as we'd be using that all day long :)