Regal & Royal Rocking

Kaibocan

Does the Regal & the Royal rock more than usual? I realize of course that all ships rock to some degree. However, some on this board claim it is excessive. If so, I wonder why? Or were the seas just rough on their cruise?

Thanks I appreciate any info you can give

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does the Regal & the Royal rock more than usual? I realize of course that all ships rock to some degree. However, some on this board claim it is excessive. If so, I wonder why? Or were the seas just rough on their cruise?

Thanks I appreciate any info you can give

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The seas might have been rough for the cruise they were on.

If anything, the Regal and Royal are the smoothest ride we have experienced on a Princess ship. :D

Nope. I found the Royal to be the most stable and smooth of any ship I have ever sailed. This includes a transatlantic and a cruise out of NYC down to the Caribbean. I am someone who enjoys feeling some motion of the ocean and most of the time felt like I was in a hotel on land.

During rough seas we definitely noticed some motion at the very front, but nothing out of line with other ships if not better. Aft and midships seemed very stable.

That said, if you are looking for rock stable, try the Breakaway. That ship was almost TOO stable, when it finally moved it startled you!

On the Transatlantic/Baltics last April, I had a cabin the front of the ship and we had some rough seas crossing the Atlantic. I was a rocking and a rolling up there but tolerable. I had to take some anti-nausea meds the first few days but it didn't bother me.

I did the repo on the Royal this year and never felt any movement at all. I've done this repo a few times and this is the first time it was this smooth (OK, I can't count the Sandy cruise). I've often wondered if it was so calm because of the sea or because of the ship.

Maureen